Ratings for Dr. Jeanne M. Oliva

Dr Oliva has as much personality as a cold rock. She had a very condescending manner about her, was entirely unhelpful, acted like she had better things to do each time I was there, seemed to barely listen to my history or symptoms (interrupting me to cut me off, despite my trying to be brief), and seemed completely uninterested in me as either a patient or person. Her entire personality is unsympathetic- from listening to my symptoms as well as to her patients' financial situation. Upon telling her I had no insurance at the time, she proceeded to prescribe me over $750 of tests that I soon found were fairly unnecessary and only had a remote chance of diagnosing the problem. I was able to find a different lab which did them for $500, but even 3 years later, I'm still extremely irritated by my multiple interactions with her.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr Oliva is never on time, at least an hour late every visit. On top of this, she often shows little respect or concern for issues i have. If i tell her i have certain symptoms, she acts like she doesnt believe me. I have been with her for about 5 years now and she has been the same for 5 years. I am currently in the process of switching doctors because i have a medical concern that i know she will just push to the side.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Dr. Oliva is NEVER on time for appointments. The average wait time for me is just under an hour; over an hour I leave. My last visit I decided to see how long it took. At the one and one half-hour point, I was called in. When I complained that this was unreasonable, she told me I was free to find a new doctor, a far cry from the "I'm sorry you had such a long wait" that I expected. With one exception, the staff is snarky (especially when I leave) and medically this office is so impersonal and institutional that if I didn't need my prescription I would learn more from a book or on the web. Her arrogance gets in the way of my treatment. I wish I had realized this earlier and left her care then.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr. Oliva seems like a very good doctor to me, in the sense that she has always been right on the money when disgnosing any of my problems. However, she is always running at leas tan hour late. I cannot deal with this any more now that I have a little baby. I also was oping for my physical to be more comprehensive, and not just a CBC. I would like to know my cholesterol, etc.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

I have had Dr. Oliva for years and over time the office had gotten worse.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I called this office 6 times to request results of a test taken IN OCTOBER . This is now JANUARY. At this time she has not returned my calls.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Dr. Oliva has been a thorough and caring doctor to me since Sara Nugent left her practice (4 years?).

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Jeanne M. Oliva's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Providence, RI