Ratings for Dr. Gene L. Watterson

The most unprofessional, rude, and unorganized office in which I have ever been.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Watterson means well. He is a Christian man. He does not listen though and asks the same question a second time after you have explained and might have said something he didnt' want to deal with. He does not seem supportive of other physicians contacting him/joining in with him to give the best care.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I went to this Dr several times trying to get help for my fibromyalgia. He sent me to lots of places and doctors for tests, which I can understand, but then for the fibro, just wanted me to go to a psychiatrist and get on anti-depressants, which I did not agree with at all. He is a nice man, but not a good doctor. Now I've got to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Fibromyalgia is very difficult to live with and treat. Exercise continued on a regular basis helps the most. The body is constantly fighting inflamation someplace in the system.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2009

I was referred to him by my sleep doctor. I have Lupus and pain with fibromyalgia was just one issue. He referred me to three other doctors, one being a psychologist, sent me for blood work (off site)and wanted to see me again in six weeks. The lab results were given to his nurse, taking forever to call you back. When I did call in and request information, after I had seen all his referrals ($40 each + $40 each time I saw him) I was told that he really did not know what he could do. I still have not found a Doctor who has addressed each and every problem that comes with fibromyalgia and Lupus. This Doctor is nice but just didn't go after it like I needed. Are there any Dr.'s who are aggressive and listen? I have finally put my illness in God's hands and He will see me through.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

I was under his care for several months. My pain with fibromyalgia was not alleviated. I tried a rub on medication called Freeze or something like that. Might as well have put water on myself. Hesitant to prescribe medications. Tried a few. They didn't help very much. That was about 2003 sometime. I have since found a Doctor who has addressed each and every problem that comes with fibromyalgia. Since 2006 I have been unable to work anymore. I have applied for disability. This Doctor is nice but just didn't go after it like the next Dr. I went to. Thank God for Dr.'s who are aggressive and listen. It saves a lot of painful journeys to the Doc while in pain, so much so, that going to see the Doc is a major event, a major hurdle just to go, be there and get back home.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

My appointment was at 2:00pm, I was there at 1:30. Placed in a room until 3:40pm. I wa in so much pain it was un real. I was told by the nurses several times, he'll be with you soon. He never showed. By the time I left I was crying from the shoulder pain. I got my co-pay back and have reported this provider to BC. I went to the er and was told My shoulder was out of place.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007

i think this dr is very polite and a GOD fearing person i dont think he is very knowledgeable about fybro i went to him i was refered by my pcp and after going to him several times my body was in more pain than i had ever been in he just look at me and told me there was nothing else he could do so i asked him if he could take my off work while we come up with a treatment plan and he would not do it i went to work in so much pain i was sent home. he is a polite person but was no help to me at all

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

Dr. Watterson is the most caring and compassionate physician I have ever seen. He is extremely knowlegable and very thorough. I would highly recommend him! Not only is he a great physician, he is a wonderful person!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2007

Extremely polite and knowlegible on Fibromyalgia, however he does not listen to the patient well. I was referred to him by my regular Dr. Aside from treating fibromyalgia I told him my throat was extremely sore and swollen. He looked and got a CBC which was elevated indicating infection. He told me he would fax my regular Dr. the results. I explained that my regular Dr. was not in on Friday afternoons. Three times during the conversation I told him that my regular Dr. would not get the fax until Monday. He just (extremely polite I might add) told me he would fax it as he opened the door to the room leaving it. Sure enough, come Monday I called and asked about the fax of the white blood cell count that was elevated (my Regular Dr.)......finally I received a RX called in to my pharmacy on Monday. Point: He does not treat the whole body evidently. I ran a temp that week-end and was sick with the above. A very good person indeed. Just my experience.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2006

Dr. Gene L. Watterson's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

MSP/BC Med