Ratings for Dr. Gloria Simonson

I appreciated Dr.Simonson, she was always very helpful & willing to listen to me when I had concerns. I was saddened to see her leave her private practice. I don't know how those other people rated her because that doesn't sound like the doctor who took care of me & my son. To each his own & we all have our own opinions, I just want to go on record that I had the greatest respect for Dr. Simonson! Mrs.Brown.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I had just moved here and chose her as my new family doctor. i wouldn't recommend her to anybody. She wanted me to go get a full blood workup, since i was a new patient. I called her office 4 times for my results. 3 weeks after my blood test, she finally called. A couple of months ago, i went about a gall bladder problem. she passed it off as stress. I kept nagging her office, til she finally sent me to get an ultrasound. i went for it on a monday and it took her a month, A MONTH, to call me with results. good thing nothing was wrong. I just resently recieved a letter saying that her office is closing....THANK GOD!!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

I would not recommend Dr Simonson. I basically diagnosed myself. I told her what was wrong and she basically said it was nothing without even looking. I had chronic headaches and she said probably just allergies. I have eczema, which I have a previously prescribed cream that I had been using that no longer works. She just told me to keep using the cream. Then I have an infected ingrown hair that oozes puss all the time, and she said it was just scar tissue and to leave it alone. Last time I checked scar tissue didn't ooze puss!! Would highly recommend finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

I used to live in Elkton and visited Dr Simonson multiple times. I have a feeling that the previous ratings didnt accurately describe the problem to Dr. S. On multiple occasions she referred me to specialists (once for an electro-stim test and once for an Upper GI) and was very knowledgable and prompt with her call backs to interpret the result. My entire family goes to her and have never had an issue (both of my parents are around 50 and my grandmother is approaching 90) She comes very highly recommended from this family!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Dr was not very friendly or forth comming of information. Asking dr questions was like pulling teeth, Twisted what I said and her response to my questions indicated that she was not listening. Found it odd that there was no nurse on staff.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

wife visited for chronic headachs after nursing. Was not interested in determining underlaying cause of problem. Only wanted to prescribe painkillers for chronic headachs. Would not provide help in setting an appointment for a specilalist. simply told my wife she had to make the appointment and if it took 6 to 8 weeks to get in too bad take the meds and deal with the blinding headaches. will not vist myself, Wife is doc shopping again...

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

Dr. Simonson is not a very helpful Dr. She decides things without even running tests! How can you know you have something if there was no test done to prove it? I wouldn't go to her again. Turns out what she said I had, based on her judgement alone and no test, I never even had!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009