Ratings for Dr. W Flanagan

My father (82) was recently diagnosed with metastatic brain cancer and was sent to Dr. Flanagan for a consult and prostate biopsy. After waiting over 2 hours, he was incredibly rude, uncaring and unprofessional. He all but refused to do a biopsy, was completely ignorant of the case file - or did not care to know- and would not listen to anything my parents tried to tell him. He performed a hasty prostate exam without asking my mom if she would like to leave, which was demeaning for both of them . It was the worst experience either of them has ever had. There is no excuse for treating people this way.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

A horrible experience having a prostate biopsy done. The doctor's technical/practical knowledge leave something to be desired. I have had more than a few prostate biopsies; his being the only one performed that did not include some type of anesthetic or sedative; and the only one that left me in great pain and bleeding profusely. His bedside manner during the procedure was very much lacking and was even worse when I came back to find out the results. Needless to say I never returned to his office again.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016