Ratings for Dr. John Gallagher

While Dr Gallagher was helpful and pleasant and no doubt a good surgeon, the length of time spent waiting to see him meant I eventually went to another surgeon (Dr Vertullo) who is, in my opinion, far superior and certainly more punctual!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

I have had two half knee replacements done by Dr Gallagher (2013 & 2016) on each knee. Flying down from Darwin for the surgery, the staff organised my xrays and MRIs the morning before my appointment and day before surgery. The ladies are very helpful. Both surgeries went to plan, walking out of hospital (slowly with crutches) 2 days after surgery. the doctor is committed to patient care. On the day of surgery he came back for post op review at 10pm that night. He is very thorough and explains the surgery well, also good for a joke at times to relieve the patient's stress. I decided on Dr Gallagher after researching online and reading news articles. He is definitely a knee specialist, in my view.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Teenage son did a knee (ACL & meniscus) playing Rugby and we went to see Dr John on the recommendation of others. Our GP referred us to someone else - godsend we went to Dr John. A very thorough doctor/surgeon, hands on leaves nothing to chance and a fantastic in house physio. Yep - may not be timely, that's because he takes time to care and explain. Could not have asked for more.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

Dr Gallagher has seen me through an extremely difficult and complex TKR x 2 (on same knee) due to infection (certainly not his fault). At all times he has been very professional, approachable, knowledgeable and courteous - he has a good sense of humour too! He has always been willing to be called on when there are any concerns and his staff are truly supportive. Because he is so thorough, often the wait to see him is laborious . He is also very expensive. However, I have been willing to keep going back because his service is excellent.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr John Gallagher and his team were extremely professional all during my case. This was a godsend as I entered the saga with a large deal of trepidation and concern (let alone pain from the injury).As a person who has 40 years in rugby as a player, coach and referee I have seen a few horror stories around knees. Without doubt this is the best medical practise I have ever had dealings with and have no trouble giving Dr Gallagher and team the highest recommendation I can.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014