Ratings for Dr. Melvin T. Joki

I took my daughter in for a spider bite on her face; she was seen by the N.P. and we were given polysporin!! Of couse the bite got worse and one side of her face swelled up by the next morning; took me 4 hours to get a call back for an appointment the next day. Dr. Joki looked in her eye then went on talking about how to find the spiders and to keep putting the polysporin on it!! I asked if we should be more proactive with a bite on the face. He said he didn't like to write RX's; it would heal up fine. I said no! I had already been told by another Dr. And 2 pharmacists that she needed an oral medication. He said "I'll give her a steroid then!!'" Slammed the door in my face and walked off! I was in disbelief! Previously, the office lost her shot records and he tried to give her 12 vaccines in one visit! Somehow the records just showed back up when I said she will absolutely not receive 12 vaccinations! This office is not concerned about the child's health!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I know that my child is receiving compassionate, quality care every time we enter this office! The entire staff goes above and beyond the call of duty rountinely for my little one. The providers are top notch, up to date on the latest medical information, and not quick to slap your child on medicine and mask symptoms. Great office, would highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2008

We have used him for all 4 of our kids. When my triplets were born he and his staff were fabulous and they still are. His PA's are wonderful as well. The staff and I employ a divide and conquer strategy when it come to shots. They help ease the stress on everyone involved! I almost left,however,when there was a billing conflict and his front office denied service, but in the end I knew my kids would not get better care anywhere else!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

Dr. Joki is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. Although our wait time in the exam room can be long, I know that he will spend just as much time with us as he did the previous patient. He is very gentle and respectful to my child and makes sure that we have all the information we need. The only "complaint" (for lack of a better word since it's not really a complaint) we have is that he tends to talk a little too much and repeat the same information.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007

This doctor is very professional. His office is always on time with appointments. I always feel that he and his PA's listen to me and take my own impressions and "mothers intuition" into account. I feel he is pretty by the book though. If you are looking for a ped supportive of non-mainstream ideas, this is probably not the office for you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2006

Very friendly & great bedside manner with babies/children, but his staff is horrible. I'm finally switching after 7 years and tired of waiting in the waiting room or back room. Just this year, I've wasted 1 hour 3 times to finally get mad and walk out plus be charged back in May for services not rendered. His nurse practioners are nice, but won't pass on complaints. Haven't seen the doctor in years, guess he only deals with us when they're born.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2006

Dr. Melvin T. Joki's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1987)