Ratings for Dr. Ben C. Wouters

He was rude. He didn't help my husband at all. He just wrote a bunch of prescriptions and sent us on our way. Anyway, he is dead now. So it don't matter.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

I've had neck problems since I was 13. I was finally referred to him by my GP and he ran some tests. He was nice to me, and seemed caring, but very rude to his intern. Red flag. On my followup visit, after PT, he asked how I was. I told him the therapy FELT good at the time, but it didn't have a permanent effect on my neck. Well, at least, I TRIED to tell him, but I was interrupted and told "So you're better?". To which I replied "nooo, it just.." "So you're better." So basically, HE THOUGHT I was better, I presume, therefore, I must BE better. Unfortunately I was sent to him recently (15 years later) for a similar test (only because he's the only doctor that did them, I was told), so obviously, I'm not better! He also prescribed me THREE meds and had a consult with me, all of which my REAL doc did not ask for. She just wanted me there for the test. Pompous... The only way you'll get me in that office again is to knock me out and drag me in.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

I have been a pt. of Dr. Wouters for nearly 15 years. In the beginning he was the only doc willing to look beyond the norm for the cause of my illness. Thank God he did! Since my diagnosis, he has been a partner in managing my illness, looking for new and better ways to treat, always ready to listen and explain. He is never hurried, is always polite and friendly, and always treats me with respect. The few times I have had to wait for him, he has apologized and explained. He sometimes has to deliver really bad news to patients, and I don't mind waiting. I have a number of related conditions and see 7 really wonderful doctors on a regular basis and Dr. Wouters is the best of them all! I have no exp. with the other docs in his group so I cannot comment about them, but you can't go wrong with Dr. Wouters.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Wouthers has always been courteous, answered questions and has been patient oriented during our visits. From a layman's point of view he is very knowledgeable in his field.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Wouters because of chronic headaches I'd suffered for 10 years. He tried several different medicines to no avail. He even tried steriod shots in the back of my head. Again, no help. After months of visits and different treatments, I mentioned going to Birmingham for another opinion. Dr. Wouters became very rude and ugly. That was a red flag for me so I've not been back.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

I have taken my Dad to this office about 3 times now and I really can not see a difference in him except he is getting worse. I was told that the medicine would hold him as he was on our first visit. He would not be cured but, the medicine would hold him as he is. When we go to the office I am asked questions about my Dad in front of him concerning his memory. It is very uncomfortable for me. Then the Dr comes in says a couple of sentence. And out the door he goes. We have another appointment in 6 months and I'm not sure we will be keeping it. If I knew of someone else I'd be going. There have not been any test done on Dad since he started the medicines he is on. No blood work to make sure everything is okay, no side effects from the medicine.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

I was originally refered to Dr Wouters by dr lucius Freeman(see comments on him) to do a brain wave test because I kept getting disorented and collapsing(other tests revealed nothing. Dr Wouters preformed a nerve induction test and gave me a very thorough examination then said I had neurophaty in both feetHe prescribed neuronton 400 mg and said come back in two weeks.I did as told but it didn't help so he doubled the dose which had all kinds of side effects.I reported this and was told there was nothing else he could do. Later had another Dr (michael davis-see comments on him) send me back for another nerve test and it was reported as about the same possibly a little better in my left leg. I now have an appointment with a third neurologist who is new in town and not associated with the other groups.I would not reccomend any of dr wouters' group to anyone even though he is the best of the bunch.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Dr. Wouters is extremely nice and competent,will see that your medical problems are taken care of, sending you to another Doctor if need be. His compassion is outstanding. I trust him with my entire being.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2007

Dr. Wouters is unbelievable. Incredible doctor. Very refreshing to find a doctor that takes time to explain things and doesn't have one foot out the door from the time he enters the exam room.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2007

This doctor is friendly. That's about the best I can say for him. My husband suffered a stroke, and he just didn't do anything for him. He didn't order further tests- NOTHING. To his credit, his associates at the practice he is in are worse than him. He is the best in that group. Sorry, I would not recommend this man at all.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

Dr. Ben C. Wouters's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)