Ratings for Dr. Laxmi Baxi

Dr. Baxi has been my doctor for the past 20 years and delivered three of my four children. I first met Dr. Baxi when she was recommended to perform a Version on me when my first born was breach. This process requires an extremely skilled physician to turn the baby externally while in utero. Most doctors do not have the skill to perform this task and opt to perform a c-section. But, not Dr. Baxi. She understands women and doesn't look to cut or take the easy way out. I was so nervous, but her sweetness kept me at ease. She turned the baby successfully and my first born with delivered vaginally. I decided going forward that I would change my ob/gyn to Dr. Baxi when my former doctor left chunks of placenta in my uterus leading me to hemorrhage and an emergency DNC. Dr. Baxi was so incredible with my second delivery. Knowing the trauma that I went through, she made sure the placenta came out in full. Miraculously, I did not even bleed after delivery! Dr. Baxi is simply THE BEST there is in skill and demeanor. Her medical knowledge is superlative; I trust her with my life. She makes decisions conservatively and is not an alarmist. She embraces each of here patients like family. I have heard her say on many occasions how she feels her patients are her children. She is the only doctor I know (and I married one) that picks up her own phone after hours and at any time. I have called her late at night having some medical scares over the years. She picks up the phone and eases my worries. I adore her and am truly blessed to have her in my life.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Baxi -- she is absolutely amazing. Her staff is great- very attentive and personable. Any paperwork I needed were always taken care of immediately with diligent followup. As for Dr Baxi herself, she is incredible! I had a few complications with my pregnancy and she was there for every question and concern. Every visit, she was kind and gentle and reassured me that things were great. During Labor, she was at the hospital the entire time, checking in on me constantly and explaining everything that was going on. She is definitely an advocate for natural birth and very liberal with your birth plan. Unfortunately I ended up with a csection which was not what I wanted nor what she wanted for me but due to hospital policies, her hands were tied. She was my advocate thru the entire process and I felt extremely taken care of by her. I am a first time mom and this pregnancy was tougher than I thought it would be and I'm so thankful to have a dr like Dr. Baxi to be there during the process. I couldn't have asked for a better and more attentive doctor. I told her she can't retire anytime soon bc I can't imagine any other dr taking care of me for any future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Baxi. From the very first appointment till post delivery, she made me feel at ease. She’s like a mother to me. She’s very cheerful and friendly and she follows up with her patients even on holidays, even when she’s traveling or at anytime of the day. She gives personal attention to each patient addressing every single need or query. She would try to accommodate you whenever possible even when she’s not on duty and even when there’s no appointment done given the circumstances. She makes sure all her patients needs are taken care of. When I was at the postpartum room, she visited me twice to check on me and to check my stitches and after a couple of days post delivery, she gave me a personal call just to check how I was doing. She was recommended to us by a friend and we were so glad we chose her as my OBGYN. We already recommended her to some of our friends. And if we’re blessed to have another child, we definitely would go back to her.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Dr. Baxi delivered my last 4 children, all vaginally, after I had three vaginal births, a still born and two c sections. Her level of skill and expertise can be rivaled only by her genuine care and concern for her patients. Dr. Baxi was there for me throughout my pregnancies. She was always available to answer questions and offer guidance for issues and concerns. She was always reassuring to me. She spent hours with me during labor to make sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Dr. Baxi.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr Baxi is an amazing ObGyn with extensive experience which is very apparent when you have any issue. I am over 35 and just had my first baby and Dr Baxi is my ObGyn. Firstly, she is ALWAYS and I mean always available to answer any question I have including via text message. Secondly, once she takes you on as a client for your pregnancy, she will be the doctor attending your delivery, my water broke at 12.30am and Dr Baxi was available to guide me on what to do next and was in contact with my nurses all night until she came to the hospital the next morning and kept checking on me all day. And most importantly, she will avoid unnecessary medical procedures such as c-sections, blood transfusions, vacuum deliveries etc and will only resort to them when it is medically necessary and not for convenience or to CYA. I was in labor for 33 hours and had a vaginal delivery. I would probably have had a c-section with a different doctor. I also had no perineum tear despite my baby being in posterior position for most of the labor. I felt that my baby and I were in very good hands and had full confidence in everything she did. You don't come across this level of expertise and experience everyday and her accessibility makes her even more of a gem. If I have any more pregnancies, I hope she will still be practicing because there is no question in my mind on who I would want to be my Obgyn!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

As much as I do not like to leave bad reviews, I feel obligated not to hide information. My initial appointment was horrible. Dr. Baxi behaved in extremely rude and unprofessional manner. She yelled at me, and hurt me during the exam. I definitely will not go back to that office. I contacted that office twice to get the information about the tests, but of course no one got back to me. Not that I would trust anything that I hear from this doctor. It just adds to my general gut feeling: if you care about your reproductive health, do not go there.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Mismanaged, disorganized office, and cannot get any information unless you call and email multiple times, and even then, she gets irritated at you for wanting to know about your own health. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Wonderful doctor. She delivered me Vba2c. She probably saved me from a hysterectomy. I also had diabetes and high blood pressure during my pregnancy. My baby is thriving. She works alone and gives you so much of her time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

We wanted to thank you & feel grateful for all the dedicated care and attention you gave to me, to both of my children during my pregnancy, birth and the time afterwards. Your kind words and support made me feel confident, relaxed, and in control all the time. Dr. Baxi is a wonderful doctor. She is not only knowledgeable and also extremely professional while being warm and caring at the same time. She delivered both of my babies and I could not imagine having another doctor. She always asked if I had questions/concerns first before doing any exams. On my first & every appointment, she graciously took extra time than was allotted when she realized what I needed done. She calls at home to follow up on procedures and returns calls quickly. I am so lucky to have been referred to her. She is easy to talk to, and doesn’t hesitate to give you the straight answer. Her staff is friendly and professional; the wait time is the shortest I have encountered at a doctor’s office. Regards, Sri Vidya

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

I adore Dr. Baxi and would never consider switching from her as my doctor. I have actually never seen her for a pregnancy, but as my OB/GYN and have recommended her to all of my friends and colleagues. Unfortunately, she doesn't accept my health insurance, but I still elect to see her because I have found few doctors (in my past) who are quite so competetent, well connected (should you need a referral for anything) and honest and up-front. I understand some people might find her brusque. However, when it comes to my health, I greatly prefer a doctor who is straightforward, rather than beating around the bush. Sugar-coating takes a big "back seat" to superior, experienced, and intelligent care, all of which she offers. I will absolutely be her patient until she chooses to stop practicing.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Dr. Laxmi Baxi's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1963)