Ratings for Dr. Laxmi Baxi

Dr. Baxi delivered my last 4 children, all vaginally, after I had three vaginal births, a still born and two c sections. Her level of skill and expertise can be rivaled only by her genuine care and concern for her patients. Dr. Baxi was there for me throughout my pregnancies. She was always available to answer questions and offer guidance for issues and concerns. She was always reassuring to me. She spent hours with me during labor to make sure everything went smoothly. I would highly recommend Dr. Baxi.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Dr Baxi is an amazing ObGyn with extensive experience which is very apparent when you have any issue. I am over 35 and just had my first baby and Dr Baxi is my ObGyn. Firstly, she is ALWAYS and I mean always available to answer any question I have including via text message. Secondly, once she takes you on as a client for your pregnancy, she will be the doctor attending your delivery, my water broke at 12.30am and Dr Baxi was available to guide me on what to do next and was in contact with my nurses all night until she came to the hospital the next morning and kept checking on me all day. And most importantly, she will avoid unnecessary medical procedures such as c-sections, blood transfusions, vacuum deliveries etc and will only resort to them when it is medically necessary and not for convenience or to CYA. I was in labor for 33 hours and had a vaginal delivery. I would probably have had a c-section with a different doctor. I also had no perineum tear despite my baby being in posterior position for most of the labor. I felt that my baby and I were in very good hands and had full confidence in everything she did. You don't come across this level of expertise and experience everyday and her accessibility makes her even more of a gem. If I have any more pregnancies, I hope she will still be practicing because there is no question in my mind on who I would want to be my Obgyn!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

As much as I do not like to leave bad reviews, I feel obligated not to hide information. My initial appointment was horrible. Dr. Baxi behaved in extremely rude and unprofessional manner. She yelled at me, and hurt me during the exam. I definitely will not go back to that office. I contacted that office twice to get the information about the tests, but of course no one got back to me. Not that I would trust anything that I hear from this doctor. It just adds to my general gut feeling: if you care about your reproductive health, do not go there.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Mismanaged, disorganized office, and cannot get any information unless you call and email multiple times, and even then, she gets irritated at you for wanting to know about your own health. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Wonderful doctor. She delivered me Vba2c. She probably saved me from a hysterectomy. I also had diabetes and high blood pressure during my pregnancy. My baby is thriving. She works alone and gives you so much of her time.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

We wanted to thank you & feel grateful for all the dedicated care and attention you gave to me, to both of my children during my pregnancy, birth and the time afterwards. Your kind words and support made me feel confident, relaxed, and in control all the time. Dr. Baxi is a wonderful doctor. She is not only knowledgeable and also extremely professional while being warm and caring at the same time. She delivered both of my babies and I could not imagine having another doctor. She always asked if I had questions/concerns first before doing any exams. On my first & every appointment, she graciously took extra time than was allotted when she realized what I needed done. She calls at home to follow up on procedures and returns calls quickly. I am so lucky to have been referred to her. She is easy to talk to, and doesn’t hesitate to give you the straight answer. Her staff is friendly and professional; the wait time is the shortest I have encountered at a doctor’s office. Regards, Sri Vidya

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

I adore Dr. Baxi and would never consider switching from her as my doctor. I have actually never seen her for a pregnancy, but as my OB/GYN and have recommended her to all of my friends and colleagues. Unfortunately, she doesn't accept my health insurance, but I still elect to see her because I have found few doctors (in my past) who are quite so competetent, well connected (should you need a referral for anything) and honest and up-front. I understand some people might find her brusque. However, when it comes to my health, I greatly prefer a doctor who is straightforward, rather than beating around the bush. Sugar-coating takes a big "back seat" to superior, experienced, and intelligent care, all of which she offers. I will absolutely be her patient until she chooses to stop practicing.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Baxi throughout my pregnancy and feel I am in VERY good hands. It is true she is very strict, but she's been practicing for a long time and has seen it all so knows what is best. She does vbacs and doesn't assume everyone needs an epidural. She was late to one of my appointments and it was because she was tending to a woman in labor. I was told I could reschedule or wait to see if she would have time to see me for a moment. I waited and when I saw her, she was lit up with excitement and happiness- just the type of energy I would want from my doctor when delivering my baby. Dr. Baxi has a great sense of humor too. Dr Baxi is not part of a group practice which means she will be there for the delivery, and not some other doctor on call, who you may not get to know during pregnancy.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

I lost 3 pregnancies with Dr. Baxi. Two if the were second trimester loses at 21 1/2 weeks. She claimed my first second trimester lose was either a freak virus and asked me several times if someone tried to feed me something bad. She said this was just 'unlucky' and it would repeat itself. I begged her when I got pregnant again to check me weekly and give me progesterone shots but sure enough she only checked my cervix via speculum and saw my membranes protruding at 18 weeks. Only later did I find out that you need to be checked weekly by a transvaginal ultrasound to see changes in your cervix before it's too late! It baffles me that she blew me off and never did this. She attempted an emergency cerclage which failed and I lost my second baby girl and had to hold their lifeless bodies in my arms. This woman destroyed me and treated me as a number. Today a new patient was in my doctors office trying to save her 2nd trimester pregnancy. She is a patient of Dr. Baxi and has already lost 5 pregnancies under her care.

Submitted May 20, 2011

I have used several other "big" doctors before i finally got to Dr. Baxi. Dr. Baxi is a doctor that took me under her wings and is providing me unbelievable care. She can sometimes come accross a little strict and she will demand that you follow her instructions PROMPTLY, but this is something that I appreciate tremendously as this helped me so much get on the right track. When she has an emergency with one of her patients, she will run over to the labor room which is in another building and make sure to give her utmost care and this can sometimes take some time and therefore she can sometimes run late to another consultation or appoitment but this is something that I absolutely LOVE, when my delivery time will come, she should be there with me and give me her precious time.... she is also very reachable during nights, weekends etc.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr. Laxmi Baxi's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1963)