Ratings for Dr. Hector Mendez

Bad bad Doctor! I have to wait hours and when I finally get in he rushes me and tells me to loose weight and all my problems are gone. Twice I've had to diagnose myself. I must beg him to send me to get a test done and he never follows up with any results. His secretary is awesome and helpful but he has a lot to wish for. Time to look for a different Doctor that cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

very excellent and intelligent doctor who treats his patients with pure kindness and heart. not only does he help patients recover from their varying illnesses, he provides them with his words of wisdom, in the sense that he will do and say anything from the bottom of his heart to help them in any situation that they might find themselves in, and make them a better person. i love Dr. Hector Mendez

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

As many others have said, the wait time is horrible over and hour wait, he rushes his patience so I don't understand the long wait times. He also thinks that exercise cures all.... come on! So many other have said the same. My whole family no longer goes to him. I think it's time he retires.

Submitted January 27, 2016

His secretary is the worst I have seen, ever. It takes forever to wait for him. Other than that he's decent.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Ay que esperar horas para verlo y cree que con ejercicio y dieta se cura todo

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I agree with the comments. Unfortunately it's very difficult to find a doctor receiving patients.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

One day I wait 2 hours to see him. That was the last time I went.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

Just like others have said, the wait time is just brutal. I always reach the office on time but have to wait hours before I could be seen. He also thinks that exercise cures the problem you have or he just brushes it off - saying that I'm too young to have health issues etc. I've now stopped seeing him as my doctor. I've been lucky to find a much better doctor that takes their time, is actually knowledgeable and carrying.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

I agree with most comments; even though he may be a good person to talk to, he should spend a little longer with patients, and work on making sure patients don't wait too long. I have never gone there without waiting at least 1 hr, which is ridiculous bc 3 minutes later, I'm out. So why the long wait?? Also find real solutions to problems and just brush it off recommending 'Pilates' or other physical activites to cure everything!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Terrible staff, his secretary always sounds sleepy and rude on the phone and in person. She also takes too long to fax referrals, over 3 weeks! Dr.Mendez is not a very good doctor at all. He never takes time with his patients to diagnose yet takes so long to see him. So many times I've made my appointment and he doesn't see me until min 1 hour later. Several times I had to wait over an hour and a half! Insane for a doctor who doesn't even take the time to diagnose his patients properly. As the other reviewer said, the Dr. thinks exercise and eating better is what will cure everything in life. Wrong! I've seen Dr. Mendez for several years and always prefer going to walk-ins. So now I have a new fantastic doctor who does a fantastic job. I am no longer a patient of Dr. Mendez.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012