Ratings for Dr. Donald M. Howser

At first I thought I liked Dr Howser but the more Visits I had the more I started not to like him. He is very in and out of the room. You have to stop him on his way out the door if your quick enough to ask any questions you might have. The nursing staff is HORRIBLE! Dry, rude, and very judgmental. I have heard them talking bad about patients a few times. I really wish I would of chosen a different doctor. They almost forgot to do my strep B culture. I had to remind him about it. Plus they were already 2 weeks late doing it. This is my first pregnancy so everything is new and sometimes scary. I get you are familiar with it and have had a lot of experience. I would just like to feel like a patient not cattle. I will say though I can tell the man is intelligent and knows what to do when things may get scary. I would at least replace some office staff with a few compassionate nurses that pay attention to their job instead of sit around judge everyone.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr Howser is amazing! I have been his patient for almost 6 years and in that time I have had 2 miscarriages and then a very complicated pregnancy and he was wonderful through it all. He took excellent care of me and when I had to have an emergency c section at just 30 weeks due to some health problems I had he was very helpful and very understanding to me fears! Thanks to him and his knowledge and his wonderful care my baby girl is alive and healthy today! I wouldn't trust anyone else but him!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I love Dr. Howser. I've been going to his office for 5 years now. In that time I've lost and delivered a baby. He saw me on almost every one of my prenatal visits and even dropped everything to deliver my son. (He didn't even take 10 minutes to get to the delivery room) Not bad since it was in the middle of the work day and I was in labor for 45 minutes. I HIGHLY recommend him. Awesome Dr with a very kind staff.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

By far the worst office staff I've ever dealt with in any industry..I don't think any of them have ever said hi or even looked me in the eyes once..they always act like u are bothering them if u call/or ask anything...just horrible...we were told that dr. Howser was under our insurance and turns out he wasn't..we were charged twice for a culture sample even though it was their fault they threw away the first one..I was being charged a co pay every visit when it turns out is should have only been a one time charge..2nd and triple guess everything this staff tells you if it seems wrong it probably is

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I was very sick for 3 months. Went to 3 different Doctors at the Emergency room and they all sent me home with no concern. I made an appointment with Dr. Howser and he took one look at me and admitted me into the hospital. I was there for a whole month and was diagnosed with Chrones. He was the only Doctor that listened to me. His nurse was very helpul too. She came to see me almost every day I was in the hospital.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I love Dr Howser. I have been going to him since 2002 and still drive over an hour out of my way to see him.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Good doctor who will listen. Seems very knowledgable and cares. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at 33

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Excellent doctor. He will go out of his way to help you. Diagnosed my daughters Lympnoma on first visit that was scheduled for a routine exam. I feel lucky to have taken her to him.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Worst doctor ever! Made me feel bad. Never listened to me. Was sick throughout pregnancy because of him!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS DOCTOR AND MY SURGERY WAS ALOT OF PAIN WITH NO RESULTS!!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

Dr. Donald M. Howser's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Granbury, TX