Ratings for Dr. Edwin E. Spencer

I had a complete shoulder replacement in March 2017 by Dr Spencer. Within three months I pretty much had full movement and after six months was pain free. I can not believe how smooth the procedure was, to include preop, the operation and post op. Dr Spencer and his staff were always available to answer any and all questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Spencer told me the mri was wrong he would clean up my sholder and if that didn't work he would do what the mri showed. Well it did not work , all he said was he would not fix the sholder the man(i wil not call him a dr) is a lier and a worthless so called dr , do yourselfa faver get a real dr

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr Spencer did a reverse total shoulder with tendon transfers to my shoulder. Excellent job! Gave me exercises to do post operative, and followed my progress closely. Very little pain after surgery, and weeks following. I now have full use of my shoulder pain free! Also has a great assistant.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

I had suffered with arthritic shoulder pain for years, and went to Dr. Spencer upon a friend's recommendation. He and his team did an awesome job of replacing my shoulder. Could not be more pleased. I will go back to him for the other shoulder in the future if it continues to deteriorate.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Spencer did rotator cuff surgery on both of my shoulders in 2011 and 2012. He was excellent. I am able to play tennis again! I couldn't have had a better doctor or experience.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr Spencer did a reverse shoulder replacement for me and I could not be more satisfied. For years I was not able to use my left arm above waist high and only then it was very painful. Sixteen weeks past Dr Spencers surgery on me, I now have a great range of motion and absolutely no pain. To me, it has been as if he gave me a miracle.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

I have avascular necrosis in both shoulders. Dr. Spencer and his staff have worked with me for over 2 years. He has operated on me four times including to partial shoulder replacements. I have nothing but good great things to say about home and his staff. He is an excellent surgeon and has my complete trust. His staff is also amazing. I always feel like a friend they care about when i walk in. Both replacements went perfectly and allowed me to continue in my career. I don't know where these bad reviews came from, but in 2 1/2 years in seeing him for my medical problems i have seen nothing but excellent patient care, respect, and good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Don't waste your time seeing this doctor. He is cocky and arrogant and cares nothing about you as a patiient. He's just there for the money!

Submitted November 30, 2014

I want to say this Dr. is amazing! He sat down with me and went over my diagnosis. After discussing my treatment plan I was very comfortable with scheduling my surgery. I had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend this surgeon!!!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor or KOC to anyone. You wait 30 minutes in the waiting room, then you wait for Dr.Spencer for over an hour in the exam room. He has the worse bedside manner of any doctor I've ever seen and never ever smiles. If nothing shows on an mri, then there is nothing wrong with you, he even went as far as to tell me to get out and have some fun? Dr. Spencer, you reap what you sow. Remember that when your in pain, and be sure to get out and have some fun. Left this place in worse shape than when I went in, and will never go back.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Dr. Edwin E. Spencer's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)