Ratings for Dr. Dmitry M. Arbuck

I have been a patient of the clinic in general since June 2008, when it was under a previous name (Meridian Health Group) and in a previous location. I rate Dr. Arbuck with mixed feelings, and a different experience than most. I am not a pain patient, but a psych patient. I receive my medications from the clinic, and as such I am technically Dr. Arbuck's patient. Like most people, I have always been seen by one of his physician assistants. Patients are supposed to see Dr. Arbuck at least once a year. I was able to avoid this for over three years. The very first time I saw Dr. Arbuck was after a battery of tests showed very low levels of essential body substances. My appointment was very "medical" in nature, and I had no problems. However, I obviously saw him around the clinic and came to my own personal conclusions about him, which were not favorable, but not negative. This changed in 2014 when I finally had to see Dr. Arbuck for my "yearly" appointment. During this time, he told me I had improved psychologically (true) but he believed I no longer fit my diagnosis. Like most diagnoses, you must meet a set of criteria. I was (and still am) a weekly psychological patient, and my psychologist there would tell you that I do indeed still fit my diagnosis. Again, I have improved thanks to psychological care and treatment. But I felt Dr. Arbuck's assessment of me in 45 minutes that I had improved to the point that I was a "not otherwise specified" disorder seemed rash and unprofessional at best. My psychologist continued to treat me for my diagnosis, which I believe was the correct course of action. In fact, my reaction to Dr. Arbuck's proclamation was a hallmark of the diagnosis he had just relieved me of, further bolstering my belief that he was not qualified to make this decision. He is obviously medically qualified and credentialled, but in effect, he knew nothing about me. A perusal of my copious records would have attested to my continued need for diagnosis-specific treatment. And, like many others, I had his book pushed on me. As a long-time patient who enjoys (and I do truly, truly enjoy the office staff) a great deal of familiarity with some of the providers, I rather directly brushed him off and felt no compunction about doing so. I am disappointed to read reviews about his direct psychological care and the use of suboxone. While I did not necessarily agree with Dr. Arbuck's personal opinion of my own diagnosis, I always believed he had patients' best interests at heart. I have defended and boasted of the clinic to that extent. Perhaps now I need to moderate that opinion. He has helped many people. He has a strong personality that is NOT for everyone. If you are unprepared for strong direction, I recommend you do not attend this clinic. If you feel hopeless and need direction, or like being guided through things, this may be a place for you. Do your homework, and ask questions. Don't be afraid to go see the facility or look for reviews. Good luck in your search for better health.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Do not go see this doctor or the Indiana Polyclinic. It is a racquet and the practitioners set your appointments up so you have to keep coming back for more appointments for the profit of Dr. Arbuck. The practice will NOT take into account your concern for paying for multiple copays since they have you seeing different practitioners. This is a money making business for Dr. Arbuck and his practitioners. There is little compassion for your condition (mine is fibromyalgia) and you are sometimes treated like an addict for taking medication they prescribe for you! If they decide to change your medication from suboxone or zubsolv to another medication and you have trouble weaning off the first medication you were prescribed by them then the practitioners advise admitting you for an inpatient psychiatric stay at Community North. Please take these comments seriously and do not get started with this clinic. The practitioners care more about your money than working with you as an informed patient.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Do not go to this Doctor you will be sorry he treats every patient as if you are a drug addict.Even if you have several MRI that show you have a severe problem they don't care he's all about the money.He told several people his patient were just a no.to him he could careless about you he just wants your insurance and your money.Very Very Arrogant doctor he needs to be stopped and Im looking into it.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

They refused to give me any medication for pain for 3 months until I stopped taking another medication from my PCP that they did not approve of, even though I was telling them I was at a pain level 7. I received, and paid for, multiple injections in my back which either did not work at all or lasted less than 24 hours. I paid for custom made insoles for my shoes, but discovered later that they were considered 'old technology' and not as effective as newer ones. And even though Dr. Arbuck apparently runs the clinic, and was approving my treatment, I never met him, not once! After 7 months there, I was worse off, both physically and financially and thankfully found help elsewhere! AVOID!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

This guy was awful. Didn't listen to anything I said. All he did was push his book on me, saying all the answers were there. He was extremely arrogant. The last straw was when I had an appointment with him and he allowed a drug salesman to interrupt us and drop off new pamphlets and give his speech. I had to sit there in the Dr's office and be ignored. I couldn't believe it. After that I left and found another pain doctor who was much better, who listened to what I said and worked with me to find medications that minimized my chronic migraines. Run, don't walk, away from this guy!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

My lower back pain and bursitis had been well managed for years on a combination of narcotics, PT, NSAIDs and muscle relaxers. I never abused these drugs. I was really happy to find Meridian Health Group and enjoyed them for three months. Then, I was told by Karin Clary that I should go on suboxone and I got very wary very fast. Why change a protocol that worked? I said I'd think about it, went home and did research. I could not believe what I was reading! This is a drug foraddicts and anybody reading my medical file would think I was a heroin addict. Medical records are not private. Prospective employers can view them (if you sign away your rights) and if I were to run for office it could easily be found that I was taking a drug for heroin addicts. I met with Dr. Arbuck and he barely got his pitch out of his mouth before I said "I am not taking this drug." I then listed the reasons why, including that my protocol was working fine. I think he was shocked by my assertive - but polite - tone of voice. I went to another PA there, whom I absolutely loved, and she really listened to me. I had to see Karin because my other PA was booked and once again Suboxone was pitched as an option. I said "No. I already talked to Dr. Arbuck. I'm not taking it." She gave me the stink eye and started to talk about addiction and I just reiterated that I never abused my meds. I didn't run out early; I didn't call in for more; and I was taking them as prescribed. I could tell she wasn't happy about it but I didn't care. There was definitely an order from on high to push Suboxone. No doubt about it. Do your research. Drugs.com even says "Suboxone is used to treat narcotic (opiate) addiction. It is not for use as a pain medication."

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Some folks seem to like Arbuck n some dont, we r having our doubts, been under his care 4 about 6 months. They seem to be more into anti depressants for most everything, like a miracle cure of sorts. My wife is taking suboxon for pain which does seem to help some but the side effects like sweating n dizziness are a bit over whelming, not to mention seraquel supposed to help her sleep but the side effects of it is sweat n dizziness as well, a double whammy, we tell the droctor this but are basically ignored n forces her to keep taking them instead of trying something else at her request, simply put they r treating her like an addict instead of listening to her.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

I have chronic migraines, which means a headache every day for more than five years. By the time I got to Dr. Arbuck's clinic, I thought I had tried EVERYTHING. But, he and his staff have patiently worked to find solutions (medications, therapies, infusions) that have finally given me a bit of relief. I know they care about me and my quality of life. They constantly are researching new treatment options and are very helpful. I'm grateful they are giving me options that are not narcotics to improve my life.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Dr. Dmitry M. Arbuck's Credentials

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of the clinic in general since June 2008, when it was under a previous name (Meridian Health Group) and in a previous location. I rate Dr...."

November 24, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.indianapolyclinic.com" to "http://www.indianapolyclinic.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "46032" to "46280". Address has been updated from "None" to "201 Pennsylvania Parkway". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "13178055500".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Do not go see this doctor or the Indiana Polyclinic. It is a racquet and the practitioners set your appointments up so you have to keep coming back for more app..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Do not go to this Doctor you will be sorry he treats every patient as if you are a drug addict.Even if you have several MRI that show you have a severe problem ..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "They refused to give me any medication for pain for 3 months until I stopped taking another medication from my PCP that they did not approve of, even though I w..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Everyone's a dopey in their eyes....have only seen one good review on this guy..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "This guy was awful. Didn't listen to anything I said. All he did was push his book on me, saying all the answers were there. He was extremely arrogant. The last..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My lower back pain and bursitis had been well managed for years on a combination of narcotics, PT, NSAIDs and muscle relaxers. I never abused these drugs. I was..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Some folks seem to like Arbuck n some dont, we r having our doubts, been under his care 4 about 6 months. They seem to be more into anti depressants for most ev..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from this man and the polyclinic. Everyone from the front desk to the doctor's are condescending and rude.If you have to cancel an appt. you will be c..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This place is a scheme. They charge a co-pay is for everybody you have to see. Stay away!"

September 18, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "The most arrogant doctor I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. Don't waste your time at Indiana Polyclinic."

September 11, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Dmitry" to "Dmitry M."

October 20, 2013