Ratings for Dr. Jack B. Shumate

Dr. Shumate is the most thorough doctor I have out of my 4. I'm a mystery patient to them all, but he spends a lot of time with me still trying to figure out why I have the symptoms I do as well as treat me for spinal degeneration. He takes time with each patient, he is old school, with paper records so your info won't be stolen, prescription drugs that have been proven to work over the years not the new ones that no one knows the long term effects of, or all the side effects they have. I trust Dr. Shumate and Donna is the best Nurse! Unfortunately my memory is terrible, but the receptionist is very friendly as well as the lady that does the EEGs! I bet I have seen them both over 20x and shame on me don't remember their names. But they are 2 of the kindest women you will meet. I don't know what I'm going to do if Dr. Shumate retires.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

I have used Dr. Shumate since the early 80's so that makes me a patient of his for over twenty years. Dr. Shumate and his staff have always been caring and compassionate. He is attentive and listens to you as the patient. Dr. Shumate is very knowledgeable in his field. He is also the doctor for the Muscular Dystrophy Association Clinic appointments. Thank you Dr. Shumate for the many years of taking care of me! ~Kathy

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

great Doctor. Treated my Mother for a stroke in 1985. Treats me now and has only gotten better with age.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

My elderly father (who is NOT easy to impress) was treated by Dr. Shumate and just loved him! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2008

Dr. Shumate is a very caring doctor. His nurse practioner is very knowledgeable. His staff are courteous and have gone to extra lengths to help me. My son and one of my daughters have used Dr. Shumate and we reccommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2006

Dr. Jack B. Shumate's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)