Ratings for Dr. Chantelle Hrazdil

Dr. Hrazdil never appeared cold to me, although I agree with others in that she was more interested in talking than listening. She seems to stick to her theory even when the evidence indicates otherwise. Doesn't explain things well, although she is empathetic, professional, very timely, and gets the job done. All in all, seeing her was a "meh" experience that has left me with more questions than answers, and now I'm left too deflated to defend myself or advocate for my health anymore.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

As I haven't seen any recent reviews I thought I should write one. This doctor is knowledgeable but may have medical problems of her own. She was running late (I don't blame her for this) but then rushed through our meeting mostly talking, not listening. I agree with the other review that she was running around like a chicken with its head off. I've never had such an unpleasant appt. with a doctor. My family dr. said to give her another chance. I will, but not looking forward to it.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

She's awesome! I only see her once a year now but prior to a surgery I was seeing her multiple times a year. The longest I've had to wait was maybe 10 minutes past the actual appointment time. I've seen others write that she has no compassion...sorry to hear that but she's been amazing with me and helped me out every step of the way.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

After four visits with her and a significant surgery I obtained her transcripts and diagnosis of me from the meetings. None of the information is helpful atall. The majority of my diagnosis is presumption and speculation from selective words she retains from your meetings. It's borderline slander, her ignorance to significant scientific facts that don't suite her "theory" is a key note. She profiles your appearance,hygeine and tone of voice towards questions she asks. (Relaxed tone angry tone sad tone relief disbelief. Lots of description wording.) Thanks there old Telly, out of 40 pages I got 4 paragraphs I can work with for my medical condition. I'm sorry my appearance is not to your standards. Just remember I wore the same clothing when I built the building your office sits. Where you feel safe. I wanted help with my seizures not a presumption .5 grams of marijuana causes epileptic episodes. Thanks for providing enough medication to give me a permanent stomach issue. But like everyone else said she doesn't deserve to bad write ups. She tries to work with what she has. Just ask to read what she writes about you.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

This doctor has had to take an unanticipated sick leave , starting on July 22, 2015 with no return date as yet. Obviously the doctor was dealing with her own serious health issue. Perhaps the two posters below may want to consider there may have been (obviously) other reasons for a visit that they felt was suboptimal. In other words, perhaps to trash someone on line without knowing the facts just isn't fair.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

Everything one should expect in a good doctor:knowledgable, observant, direct, and yes, to a degree, cold. But as a neurologist, shes done all i could have expected for me and more.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

So I waited an entire year for an appointment at this clinic. The doctor was two hours late, she ran around the office like chicken without a head. We met her for 5 minutes as her assistant doctor filled out the questionnaire with us.(Weird!) From the get go she was rushed and she had an aggressive demeanor, she was also making assumptions about my life style a bit condescending in my opinion because I am trying to live healthier without sugar and I lost 30 pounds, should that be encouraged by a medical professional? She said she was going to refer me to a dietitian, what? A laughing matter, has she ever heard of a booked called grain brain and the scientific evidence behind it! I am just so put of this clinic as the doctor didn't take the time with me to hear or help me ! Quite frankly I don't want her too...She couldn't really help me with normal EEG's and that is what it boils down too in medical field, she still doesn't know if the seizures are epileptic or not.So basically yes I am where I stared with no treatment, if you have a irregular EEG consider yourself lucky! What a waste of my time!..She suggested CBT hahahaha, like that is going to stop me from having seizures as I have had them since a child. She took me of my meds...(I could have done this by myself). So I have waited a for year with no help...her attitude was the worst, she is sociopath in my opinion as her display of emotions are minimal at best non existent...in the middle of the appointment she was reminded by the assistant Dr. that she had meeting she had to leave. She got up and left rushed and frazzled...I felt like I was in Alice in Wonderland where the bunny rabbit was rushing to get down the hole...I will not waste my time and energy with this doctor every again! Beware...the 'god' is coming to make her diagnosis!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

She's smart and effective, but extremely blunt and quite cold. I sensed no compassion, in a time where I REALLY could have used some. Of course, this is my first experience outside of BC Children's, and while I expected a difference between attitudes of neurologists at BCCH and at an adult clinic - I did not anticipate this stark of a difference. While I'm of the opinion that bedside manner isn't the most important quality in a doctor, there's a difference between being strategically detached and being uncaring. Her associate Dr. (Ashkanasi?) was very kind. I will be staying with Dr. Hrazdil, because the clinic is the best in BC - but if I had a choice, i would very much prefer someone a bit more... human.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

She knows her stuff but has no compassion. She was cold and by the book when delivering some very tough news to me and my family. Very little emotion and discretion was used in how she presented the info to us. I would not see her again despite her knowledge and I would not recommend her to any of my friends/family.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I have a great deal of respect for Dr. Hrazdil, and am very grateful that my family doctor referred me to her. She has a caring and insightful personality, and is very professional and detailed in her assessment questions, advice and recommendations. Count yourself fortunate if you are able to have a medical consult with her. It is unfortunate that a patient on this rating service gave a low rating. That was most unfair to Dr. Hrazdil and unwarranted. I can only assume that the patient has personal issues that any specialist would have a challenge to resolve.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014