Ratings for Dr. Chantelle Hrazdil

Dr Hrazdil is very knowledgeable but can seem to be a little on the cold side. She stays up to date on everything but is very straight forward and to the point which can be great but sometimes she needs to be a little more comforting. She told me results to an MRI in a 5 min phone call instead of coming into the office.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

After Dr. Townsend left, I was worried there wouldn’t be another good epileptologist, but Dr. Hrazdil is very good. She cares and she’s up to date on latest treatments.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Dr Hrazdil always seems fully concerned with my treatment . Everywhere I have gone for treatment-from VGH to UBC to Calgary she is really well respected by her peers . My experience has been she is always on top of things and reassuring. She has apologized when anything has had to change i.e. appointment time rescheduled

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

She has been excellent with me. My appointments last 45-60 minutes. She calls to check on me if I've had a bad reaction to drugs, follows up on medication issues over the phone, communicates with my pharmacy, and speaks and discusses things "at my level." She communicates with her nurse very often (who is very lovely), and between the both of them, they get my issues sorted out. She doesn't drag me in for no reason, and if things can be settled on the phone, she is right on it. Some of her phone "appointments" last 30 minutes. I agree she seems rushed, but it seems to me that is because she speaks very quickly. And I do agree she isn't the most punctual. I still really like her and would recommend her without doubt.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Dr. Hrazdil is the best neurologist I’ve had in a long time. She goes above and beyond what is expected of her. She is proactive with her patient’s care and will not sit idly. She is solution-based. I do agree that perhaps she could explain things in layman’s terms, however she is not a cold person, just clinical and professional as a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

actually had the nerve t say "nothing you say can change my mind" when I asked simple questions about my condition! wouldn't answer them, defensive, now I know nothing and am left with a "diagnosis" which wsa never explained to me! front staff are beyond terrible and don't know they're left from right! will not see again, under any crcumstances!

Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr. Hrazdil never appeared cold to me, although I agree with others in that she was more interested in talking than listening. She seems to stick to her theory even when the evidence indicates otherwise. Doesn't explain things well, although she is empathetic, professional, very timely, and gets the job done. All in all, seeing her was a "meh" experience that has left me with more questions than answers, and now I'm left too deflated to defend myself or advocate for my health anymore.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

As I haven't seen any recent reviews I thought I should write one. This doctor is knowledgeable but may have medical problems of her own. She was running late (I don't blame her for this) but then rushed through our meeting mostly talking, not listening. I agree with the other review that she was running around like a chicken with its head off. I've never had such an unpleasant appt. with a doctor. My family dr. said to give her another chance. I will, but not looking forward to it.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

She's awesome! I only see her once a year now but prior to a surgery I was seeing her multiple times a year. The longest I've had to wait was maybe 10 minutes past the actual appointment time. I've seen others write that she has no compassion...sorry to hear that but she's been amazing with me and helped me out every step of the way.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

After four visits with her and a significant surgery I obtained her transcripts and diagnosis of me from the meetings. None of the information is helpful atall. The majority of my diagnosis is presumption and speculation from selective words she retains from your meetings. It's borderline slander, her ignorance to significant scientific facts that don't suite her "theory" is a key note. She profiles your appearance,hygeine and tone of voice towards questions she asks. (Relaxed tone angry tone sad tone relief disbelief. Lots of description wording.) Thanks there old Telly, out of 40 pages I got 4 paragraphs I can work with for my medical condition. I'm sorry my appearance is not to your standards. Just remember I wore the same clothing when I built the building your office sits. Where you feel safe. I wanted help with my seizures not a presumption .5 grams of marijuana causes epileptic episodes. Thanks for providing enough medication to give me a permanent stomach issue. But like everyone else said she doesn't deserve to bad write ups. She tries to work with what she has. Just ask to read what she writes about you.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016