Ratings for Dr. Ashley Cook

I am absolutely disgusted with these comments and bad ratings. This doctor is an awesome doctor. We have become a society that runs to the hospital or clinics when we or our children have a cold/flu or other silly things that we should be staying home for which is why the wait times are now ridiculous. He has other responsibilities but his patients were aware, therefore should have decided if they wanted to stay. His hours are clearly posted on his door as well on his voicemail. There is absolutely no way that his administration ladies are rude as they are extremely friendly and respectful. His wife is the same and does not act like a doctor. i recently had surgery and he was not my anesthesiologist, but his wife was in the OR with me. I developed high blood pressure issues during surgery and by the time i was in recovery he was aware of what had happened and his wife had already booked me an appointment. I’m fact they both had called the office to book my appointment. I went to his office the thursday before my surgery and had not called to see if they were open as I was near his office. They were not open until 4pm as that is their time on Thursdays. I was coming down with a sore throat and if I had an infection my surgery would have been cancelled. They went out of their way to squeeze me in so I could get antibiotics. While I was in the parking lot, a woman drove in and immediately became irate because they were not open yet. She was swearing and stated that she had called and they were supposed to be open. I told her that clearly she didn’t listen to the entire message as they were open at 4pm. There is NO reason to act that way and from that kind of behaviour, I could just imagine how people act towards them. Working with the public, we are treated badly why you ask? Because society have learned to whine and want things now and cannot accept NO or CAN’T so people become rude, want to complain and want things for free. If you aren’t happy with his office, leave and go wait on a 6 month waiting list for a potential doctor and give your spot to someone who would do anything to have a GP. I wish you good luck as with the recent news article, Cornwall is facing a shortage of doctors especially with the retirements that are going to take place and they can’t seem to entice new doctors to settle here. Julie Rennick— grateful and appreciative patient!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Can never get through on the phone. Must go in person to ask questions or book appointments. Takes them forever to send along referrals and when they finally do, they never call you back with the appointment. The Doctor is polite courteous and knowledgeable, but that staff of his is rude and not helpful

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Useless doctor. Never available and when you do Have tests done you wait months for results. I think everyone I know that has him feels the same. His wife who works with him is rude and attempts to be the doctor. This office of his must be used for a tax break, because that's all it's good for. He's either at the hospital or on vacation. Disgusted and fed up.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Office staff is rude and dismissive. Office staff attempt to diagnose over the phone and refuse to book urgent appointments if one is scheduled in 6 weeks! Dr. is rarely available because of his other responsibilies as anaesthetist. No coverage when he is out of town or on weekends. Isn't that unethical?? Find someone else!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Almost impossible to get through to them on the phone, the hours are not that of a regular GP. I believe he has taken on more then he can handle with his patients . Not sure why he decided to open his own practice when he spends so much time at is other job at the hospital along with all the times his office is closed. It's too bad he wasn't able to walk in the same shoes as Dr.Foley with making his patients feel that he is truly there for them.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016