Ratings for Dr. Stephen James

Dr. James is an incredibly thorough, professional and thoughtful practitioner. His precision, gentle demeanor and amazing bedside manner put me at ease and I'm now living 100% pain-free as a result of his treatments. He explains everything each step of the way and answered all my questions. I couldn't be happier and would gladly seek him out for treatment in the future if I needed it. I've recommend him to my family and friends living with chronic pain and each has had an equally successful experience. It's such a relief to live without pain and to be back at work full-time. Thank you, Dr. James!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I had an epidural nerve block two days before the Toronto Star cover story on this terrible doctor. I spent many sleepless nights hoping that I wasn't going to have any complications. I blame the College of Physicians as well for not notifying his patients that he was under investigation at the time. I feel so sorry for the people that have suffered greatly due to his negligence.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

For the person who referred to patients harmed by Dr. James you were not the one who watched a loved-one suffer for 2 months in hospital! Dr. James has been found responsible for harming numerous patients! Of cause it was not intentional but Drs. Have a code of ethics and sanitary expectations which he failed to adhere to! Many are permanent damage save your name-calling and irrational defence of this Dr. To yourself! If you like him go to him but do not negate the damage he caused!! He himself has admitted his culpability!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I have been treated by Dr James a number of times. I found him to be very comprehensive in explaining my situation and future actions. I was extremely satisfied with dr james and I would return anytime as well as refer my friends and family to him.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Very smart, excellent bedside manner. He changed my life forever. I am back to work and reunited with my husband. Thank you Dr James!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Unbelievable how many ignoramus are passing judgement and making it sound like this was done maliciously. For those of you who understand nothing, Staph A is something many of us healthy ppl can carry and we are completely healthy and unaware we have it. For all you know, you could have it. Many ppl here saying "he gave it" or in some way or another saying it is his fault. I have been his patient for RFA's in my cervical spine and he and his staff gave me a life I didnt have otherwise. He was always respectful, kind, courteous, compassionate, on time and very helpful in every way. He was always gowned, masked, gloved and his work area always clean and immaculate. Staph is passed unknowingly...when the person has no idea they have it!! I feel horrible for the ppl who were infected but I wish ppl would stop making him sound like a monster!! I went to his new clinic today and was treated by his partner and got top notch care, as I always have. I dont believe the posts where ppl say he wouldn't stop or was rude or whatnot...dont believe a word if it, but thats my opinion. Dr James is a kind and gentle soul and always concerned about helping your pain. No one will ever convince me this was done maliciously and I think many of you need to put your fear and emotions aside and look at the facts. Again, Im so sorry to those who were/are affected, my deepest sympathies for any and all suffering. Let me remind you though, that any of us,including your loved ones, children, grand children, could all have this and be a carrier...would you throw your loved ones under the bus or to the wolves?? Nope!! Dr James has always been about helping ppl...there is a huge difference in knowing and not knowing you are infecting ppl. I have no interest with arguing with anyone...this is my opinion. I received my nerve burns today and I will return in two months with more questions and they were very fourthcoming today and answered every question I had. Please remember were all tick the same...we are all humans...we all make mistakes...dont condemn someone completely for the way he was born and didnt even know he was in the position to harm anyone. To those suffering due to infection...many prayers to you.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Recently Dr. James was disciplined by the CPSO. A light slap on the wrist for the permanent damages he caused. I had gone to him for a few times, didn't think they helped. He then suggested he do a rhizotomy on my neck. This consists of laser guided injections to freeze the nerves in your neck. Prior to doing this he told me not much more pain than a nerve block. I am used to needles, been diabetic for 20 years, used to inject myself 7x a day. The first injection was on the right side of my neck. It punches you like an electric nail gun. I insisted he stopped, he was adamant to continue. He said I am scheduled for 8 or 9 more. I held my ground, and told him no more. The pain was searing. Made it clear to him, I will restrain him if he continues. Never showed any concern for my well being, but very angry I couldn't complete his agenda. Told him the one injection hurt like hell, still wants to continue. If I was a weak character he would have kept on nailing me. He is a spoilt unthinking individual with no soul. On his left bicep he has a large tattoo of a knife. Given the cumulative effects and damages he inflicted he is not a candidate with merit to be a physician. What is also an anomaly is that Rothbart of same clinic is not licensced to practice medicine. Nothing would convince me that he would be contrite and follow rules. Elaborate schemer who instructs his staff to lie for them..How many lapses in judgement should he be allowed. Absolutely none. You're a first class narcissist.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

I saw Dr James for severe back pain in which I was unable to walk upright and was given an epidural via fluoroscopy. I was surprised at how painless the procedure was. Within minutes It was done and I felt better. I was told the full effect would take a couple of days and sure enough in 3 days I was pain free and the effects of the treatment lasted about 5 months. I would have lost probably a month of work without this treatment so I am grateful to Dr James and the clinic! I found him to be very professional and compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

If it wasn't for Dr. James I would still be in debilitating pain and unable to work. I had a herniated disk surgery that was successful I was able to walk out and stand up straight for the first time in a year. I owe my complete recovery to Dr. James and highly recommend him as a knowledgeable caring physician.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I travel from Northern Ontario down to see Dr. James at the Rothbart Clinic . Thank heavens he's there. I have been getting my epidurals done for years and have a much better life for it. The clinic is huge, professional and wonderful for chronic pain management

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015