Ratings for Dr. Farzad Moien-Afshari

Dr. Moien is a highly competent epilepsy specialist. Within one 2 hour visit he took my foster son under his care and has put together a AED regiment that works to (mostly) control his refactory epilepsy. He has gone the extra distance to take him in for observation to better understand what is causing his seizures, and has made every effort to communicate in a meaningful way with me as the gardian. He makes it a point to contact me on a regular basis with updates on the situation with MRI / CT and EEG scans. Dr. Moien has been extremely helpful in trying to make my son's quality of life better by reducing the over all number of seizure by over 90% with a proper combination of AEDs. In addition to the AEDs my son is now enlisted to have epilepsy surgery within the next 6 - 12 months. My son and I are grateful for Dr. Moien's care, and his knowledge of epilepsy and AEDs has made everything so much better.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I have full trust in Dr. Moien's knowledge! He properly assessed my MRI & EEGs, when I was previously mis-diagnosed with 'epilepsy' by another negligent doctor. Despite not even having had a seizure, this other Dr. insisted I take an AED to keep my licence because of a fainting episode on a plane that happened 3 months prior. Dr. Moien actually listened to my patient history & throughly examined me to determine that my fainting issue was not neurological but rather related to blood pressure/heart rate. He is very highly skilled in his ability to analyze the EEG findings as it is his specialization. Go see him if you are concerned about Epilepsy, as he is thorough & will not diagnose you unless he is certain. He gets to the bottom of things before prescribing drugs, like many others tend to do. Thank you for coming to Saskatchewan Dr. Moien. I am grateful for you, as without your care - I'd have been taking a dangerous medication that I don't need, for an illness I dont even have!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013