Ratings for Dr. Maha Wanes

Really didn't have a good experience with her... there was a bit of miscommunication with my psychiatrist and instead of trying to help me, she was too busy getting upset with my psychiatrist (although honestly it felt like she was taking it out on me, even though I don't know what I could have done about it) to even ask how I was doing. And I really wasn't doing well, I was struggling to work my anxiety was so bad. She tried to get me to leave my psychiatrist, who I have a long and good relationship with, just over a clerical error. I thought it would eventually blow over, I figured I would give her a chance and that everything would be fine, but I continued to experience her as abrupt, dismissive of my concerns and questions (and I'm an RN, my questions aren't that stupid) and not having the time of day to actually help me... I left her for another doctor and am so glad I did! It's worth moving around doctors a bit too find one who cares to help you :)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Dismissive and impersonal. Literally had one foot out the door during our appointment. Performs administrative tasks during the appointment; eyes down on her laptop. In and out with a script.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Sent me for wrong test (did she mix-up her patients)?? Rushes out of the room when I ask questions; rude, bully, and several people told me she fat-shamed them. she changed my medication without telling me why and I felt terrible; I was fine with the previous medication; why would she do that? She shows no compassion. She keeps her eyes focused on computer. And ends the appointment abruptly. She is the 2nd terrible female doctor I've had in Kemptville. When did doctors stop answering to a calling; instead of the mighty dollar. Patience In & out as fast as they can.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

She sent me for bloodwork and tests 3 times in a year and a half for the same issue due to her being sure I had a certain condition even though I had no symptoms of it at all and by the third time with yet another negative result she finally gave up on that and looked at other options. She never seems to be present during appointments. She is not good with my toddler and has been extremely unprofessional on multiple occasions. She's very upsetting to deal with and we are slowly pulling our files as other doctors become available.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I really like the previous doctor, but Dr Wanes quickly assessed my history and updated a battery of tests. I found her caring and efficient, no complaints. In some places, people have a really hard time finding a doctor, we are lucky.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Had an initial visit with her ´lidtened carefully , although asking me about details mainly pertaining to my family history , then we discovered that I should have had test done long time ago Did it with in 2 weeks Many thanks

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

A most terrible experience. Completely uncaring and insensitive. Less than knowledgeable on my problem and simply refused to listen to facts I'd researched pre-visit pertaining to my situation. Sad really after waiting two weeks for an appt.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr Wanes is very helpful just switched as she took over the other Doctor's care, found her so knowlegable spotted what I need right away .

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I witnessed how she spoke to her staff in the office in a very degrading and condescending tone. She was very agitated and unprofessional. So glad I go to the other doctor in that office. I would never want her as my physician.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Just moved here with my family, told her my health concerns and she booked all necessary appointments for my family and I. So pleased to have her as our doctor.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016