Ratings for Dr. Jan Dolezalek

Genuinely concerned with my well being, very knowledgeable and explains everything to me. Includes my spouse in everything. I feel I'm in very good hands.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

Dr. Dolezalek is knowledgeable, approachable, and genuinely interested in his patients. I feel very comfortable with him and have confidence in his ability to help me to achieve recovery.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Been seeing him for over 5 years now. He listens and offers advice, but ultimately wants to see how you react to issues and feelings on your own. He won't allow the sessions to become a crutch, which in the long run gives you more ownership on processing your own thoughts and actions. My family doctor even said he's never seen a psychiatrist as helpful and knowledgeable and always sends updates to him regarding my progress. I would not be the same person today if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Fantastic Dr, punctual and cares for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I worked with Dr. Dolezalek and he is a very knowledgeable man. He tries very hard to establish steps to recovery and involve the patient in achieving these steps. He can ramble on at times but his intentions are good and he seems to believe that educating others around him on his methods and rationale will help, in which case it often does.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I had a VERY difficult 11 months in therapy with this man. Every single session he always, always pushed me into complete anger, which is a response I've only ever had with one other psychiatrist in my entire life. He is very intelligent, but also very arrogant... he thinks he's right about absolutely everything, yet never takes the time to explain things thoroughly. I was supposed to be doing DBT but I only ever read one chapter of the book; there was no homework, and how exactly the therapy was DBT was not at all clear unless I specifically asked him (usually I had to ask multiple times before receiving an answer). Direct questions were never answered unless I pressed HARD, and even then, 90% of the time I received very vague answers. I was finally able to quit when I found a new psychiatrist who could do therapy. Good riddens!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013