Ratings for Dr. Hugh Fitzpatrick

Saw this family doctor throughout childhood into early adulthood. Presented with a particular reoccurring and persistent medical issue for many years of which no further investigation was warranted in his opinion, nor offered. Upon seeing a GP at a different clinic I was instantly referred to a specialist. Diagnosed with a chronic and incurable condition I'd likely had for several years, had it been picked many years earlier when symptoms first presented, early intervention and treatment would have meant the condition could have been monitored and controlled, perhaps even prevented. Unfortunately I can not recommend this GP.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I have seen this doctor only once. I had a test for thyroid function that I requested this doctor to arrange. Neither he nor his staff contacted me to notify me that the result was abnormal. Had prompt attention been given to this out-of-normal range result I may not have spent 10 days in hospital with severe thyrotoxicosis, later identified by another health professional. Staff from the Eltham Luck Street did eventually contact me 6 months later to suggest another test! I drew their attention to my condition. My opinion, based on this single visit is that in this case Hugh Fitzpatrick failed to meet a minimum standard and others should be warned. I have previously had serious doubts about the Eltham Luck Steet medical practice. At this clinic I have also seen Dr David Alan Bowen who was jailed for child molestation (http://diamond-valley-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/eltham-****s-victim-waits-for-compo/) and another GP unable to comprehend a basic medical guidline.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013