Dr. Judith Gurfein

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
1 review

Ratings for Dr. Judith Gurfein

Dr. Gurfein is a caring and insightful woman who has many years of experience with different types of mental illnesses and psychological issues. I have been seeing Dr. Gurfein for over 5 years and am very pleased with how she has helped me change my life and overall mental health. She has always been very flexible with her schedule and makes time for me when I need it. Dr. Gurfein is dedicated to her patients and her field and I would recommend her wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr. Judith Gurfein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

For over 25 years I have been privileged to become closely involved with patients and their challenges. I value my relationship with each patient and couple, and provide a safe, warm environment. My goal is to bring about positive change by alleviating problems and providing relief from symptoms. Extensive training and experience combined with warmth and individualized attention are the ingredients which enable me to help my patients successfully achieve their goals. Since every individual and situation is different, I match the treatment to the patient, and not the patient to the treatment. I am a board certified psychologist and board certified psychiatric nurse practitioner with training in cognitive behavioral therapy and psychoanalysis. Many years of experience with marriage, family and individual therapy enables me to help patients achieve success. Psychotherapy can be combined with medication when deemed helpful. Patients are provided caring, solution-focused therapy in a confidential setting. I treat children, teens, adults, and couples struggling with various issues, including depression, anxiety, mood disorders, ADHD, OCD, addictions, and eating disorders. I adopt the goals of my patients in order to achieve improved interpersonal relationships and positive change.

• New York University (Grad. 1987)

• Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Anxiety