Ratings for Dr. Melissa Luckensmeyer

Best gynaecologist in Brisbane. I have been a patient for years and have undergone fertility treatment and surgical procedures. Dr Luckensmeyer is extremely professional, thorough, personable and has none of the creep factor that I have encountered with other medical practicioners. She actively pursues the best outcomes for patients, not just medically, but also in relation to cost. The location is easy to get to with parking always available at St. Andrew’s just across the road. I love that her office is child friendly with a giant bathroom that fits a pram and has a permanent change bench, unlike the flimsy fold down ones most often encountered.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Cannot praise this doctor enough. Melissa helped me through my fertility journey for over a year well explaining all options and recommending a path that felt right for me. Now I highly recommend her as a a very caring and gentle obstetrician. There were a couple of rare occasions when prior appointments were running late, but generally she's the most punctual doctor I've met, and the staff at her practice is always so pleasant and helpful. Having met another doctor from the River City Obstetric Group, I can definitely say Melissa's level of human care and medical expertise is exceptional, when some of her colleagues are more like butchers.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

As a fertility Specialist, she is horrible. If you need to go down the path of assisted fertility treatment, this specialist is not for you .

Submitted September 1, 2017

Wonderful, caring doctor. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Really disappointed with my experience with this Dr. While I understand she may be good with other people, her standard or care and information she provided was very below average. Her bedside manner was terrible. I would strongly recommend making an appointment with another specialist after you see her to compare the difference in cost and what care should be provided that way you can make an informed decision. I found that she didn't individualized her approach. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr Luckensmeyer has literally changed my life. After years of grappling with debilitating period pain and suspected endometriosis, I went through 4 different gynecologists over 8 years who failed to properly assess my symptoms or undertake a physical examination, and insisted on putting me on contraceptive pill after pill after pill. I was referred to Melissa who was incredibly thorough, undertook a series of examinations and after corrective, non-invasive surgery and the implantation of the Mirena, I honestly feel like a different person and my former symptoms no longer exist. Thank you Melissa for your incredible service.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Melissa has been there from the moment I started my fertility journey - and now will see me through the process of pregnancy. She always has time to answer questions and she has a very friendly nature. Developing trust is imperative when it comes to patient care and I feel like she does this wonderfully. Would highly recommend her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr Luckensmeyer was brilliant with me, I am so happy I found her and she helped me through two pregnancies. Would 100% recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I had a bad experience with her pressuring induction from this doctor for my first pregnancy without a solid, valid reason. Felt it was more to cover her risk then to provide the care and birth plan I desired. Resulted in a traumatic labour and our baby in severe distress rewuuring resuscitation and intensive care stay

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr Luckensmeyer has been my doctor for both my babies and she is wonderful. Kind, friendly, informative, always happy to listen to anything on my mind. I would always go back to Dr Luckensmeyer.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017