Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey Stubbs

This man's receptionists would have you believe that he is a caring and understanding. Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't know how he sleeps at night. He is certifying people fit to work when he does not have all of the details at hand. You should never certify physically or mentally/emotionally unstable people as fit to work but he does or has the insurance company believe that the illness is all in the person’s head. He has a new buzz word - Somataform. He would have the insurance company believe that your pain is in your mind. It is criminal what he gets away with. He is a danger to any injured person out there. He is well-known around Canberra. He is good at what he does in that he tells the insurance companies what they want to hear! I thought that an Orthopaedic Surgeon would place greater value on a person’s health and well-being but that is not the case when it comes to this man. He should not be practicing in the medical field. These people are meant to have the “care factor”. I doubt that he can practice because he has the “shakes” and I do not care what his problem is as he did not care for me. I have never before experienced such under-handed treatment at the hands of a ‘professional’ and I have seen quite a few. Maybe it is time for an investigation to be undertaken into this man’s practice/s. I, for one, will be reporting him through the medical complaints process, such is my disgust at my treatment at his hands. I urge you all to do the same. I was advised by another Orthopaedic Surgeon that this is what I should do. If he has lied or attempted to mislead the insurance company, you should note that he is in breach of the Expert Witness Code of Conduct. There are a number of examples I could site from my own experience which would show you how he is in breach of the Code but this would be like a War and Peace novel by the time I finished it. Suffice to say that I would be very surprised if someone has not taken him to task already because of their experience with him. My suggestion to all out there is that you need to take along a witness or get your treating specialist in the room with this man at the same time. Otherwise avoid him like the plague! My ratings would have been zero but you have to give at least one star to rate the man.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

I had injured my neck and back in a car accident. I was sent to him for an independent assessment of my injuries. First of all he asked me to undress and put a hospital gown on, I had pants on when I went for this assessment. (Had seen other doctors for a similar examination, and none of them asked me to undress). during the examination he asked me to lay on my back and raise my legs, after having a good perv, after the physical exam, his opinion was that as people get older the body degenerates, people get shorter in hight and it is natural to have bulged disk. he does not believe in X-rays and MRI reports because the doctors who write the reports do not get to see the patients, so their interpretation of the scans should not count. If you are referred to him for assessments, know that he is on the insurance side and you should decline and ask for another assessor. He is a pathetic little man.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

WOW how can a Dr get away with writing suck lies in a report.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Not really intrested in helping you or your case, just working for insurance companies, would not recommend him to anyone, hates chiropractors and anything they say is beneath him, would think he needs a attitude adjustment.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

No good. Had car accident used my mental health issues against me saying everything is in my head you call yourself a doctor. You take a oath.he is on the bad doctors list. Work cover diary. A flag raised on this doctor.. There needs to be investergation into the dealings of these ime.and there position with the insurance companies.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Horrible, Useless outdated statistics and sexual harassment. Will be lodging formal complaint. Paid to churn out unfavourable reports for NRMA, indeed.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Professes impartiality and independence but is primarily an apparatchik of health insurers, paid to churn out templated reports in the interest of the insurers.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Too involved in general statistics so every patient is a statistic.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015