Ratings for Dr. Ikram Nizam

Mr Ikram Nizam is great Had my knee replacement done 11 months ago Went for the 12 month check up yesterday I would recomend any one with knee and hip problems to go and see him regards john

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I play golf 5times a week. I was scared of this new bikini anterior hip replacement at first. However in hospital only overnight compared with conventional hip replacement 8 days. Results excellent and now playing golf after 8 weeks. I can recommend dr. Ikram Nizam and his staff to anyone wanting a hip replacement. Many thanks to Dr. Ikram Nizam.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I have just completed my 2 week post-op check with Dr Ikram Nizam and everything is going very well. Only 33 hours in hospital, largely off painkillers and now walking with a cane. My limp is totally gone, and it seems now it is a matter of building strength and endurance. I am looking forward to again being able to take long walks. My anterior hip replacement experience seems to be much better than my brother's experience with a posterior hip replacement 12 months ago - my recovery seems much quicker and easier and I have much greater initial mobility. I would highly recommend Dr Ikram Nizam and anterior hip replacement surgery for anyone needing to be able to properly walk again.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I have just had my 6 week post op check up for an anterior THR with excellent results. One night stay in hospital, off pain management with in 9 days, walking with 1 crutch within 2 weeks. Back to walking well. Dr Ikram Nizam is an excellent surgeon with wonderful bedside manner. Would highly recommend him and his staff to any future patients.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Have just seen Mr. Nizam for my post operative checkup, two weeks post Total Knee Replacement. He is an excellent surgeon. I felt fully informed pre-operatively, and am now walking very well, managing my discomfort with minimal analgesia. My scar is clean and dry, and as dissolvable sutures were used, had no problem with having the dressing taken down. The information booklet, provided by the surgeon, fully covered all my enquiries, and allayed my concerns. Comparing with the first knee replacement, with another surgeon, five years ago, I am about two months ahead in my recovery. I fully recommend Mr. Nizam to any future patients, and have already done so.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Total hip replacement. 2 crutches for 2 days, 1 crutch for a few days, then walking WITHOUT pain. Fabulous result. Surgeon always very positive, answered all queries. Staff also. This bikini line anterior surgery is wonderful, fast recovery even for a person on the other side of 65.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Excellent surgeon and explained in detail the procedure and likely outcomes with risks. Very good surgeon, rapid recovery with hardly any pain post op. Very helpful staff. Even received a detailed 25 page booklet explaining procedure and risks Highly recommend this innovative surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Had total knee replacement surgery in October 2014 by Dr. Nizam. The total journey from initial consultation to surgery and beyond was excellent. Provided lots of information, was extremely knowledgeable and gave me confidence. Followup before and after surgery by perioperative staff was wonderful. My outcome five months post surgery is excellent. Whilst a total knee replacement is not a walk in the park, I'm glad I had it done. Pain has gone, leg is now straight and I have over 130 degrees bend. Dr. Nizam is a great surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

Excellent staff, very approachable and friendly orthopedic surgeon who was well versed in his field with many qualifications. Spoke eloquently, answered all my questions about my hip problem and the proposed surgery, its benefits and risks and long term outcome.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013