Ratings for Dr. Peter Georgius

Rude arrogant and thats this doctors good points...had one appointment that was enough..no way would i let him touch me....look elsewhere people

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Fantastic specialist, knows how to treat complex pain conditions, offers a variety of treatments. Talks a lot (passionate!) about what he can do, but it is always I am always listened to- it's not impossible to get a word in. Very impressed with Dr Georgius- a leader in his field.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Rude arrogant condescending describes this character. Which after years of treatment by specialist I can certainly tolerate, if you have the goods to back it up. Sadly you do not. Not a question by the way - stating a fact, should you take note of feedback. Which is unlikely as narassicts never listen, apparently they know it all. Sadly you couldn't be bothered to read past history 100 % nor ask and listen to the patient at all. Couldn't get a word in edgewise. The list of inaccuracies you sprouted on with during my consultation along with the unwarranted bad mouthing of three other specialist you believe knew nothing has been recorded and an official complaint lodged. You are not a doctor, there's more to it than certification. Peter shame shame shame. Why go into a people facing profession if you don't like people? Best suited to laboratory work behind the scenes.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Narassic much .... after seeing me 5 times over a 8 month period I've had enough and am going elsewhere. All that was gained from yesterday consult was that every other doctor is wrong or useless and that only he should be listened to. He also contradicted himself with views on how to proceed. I was preached to about my own medical history since a injury, which only proved he was not across my brief. As he got facts wrong on both the procedures I had had and the recommendations made. Totally unprofessional and condescending, I'm not sure how one can review someone's issues or concerns if you don't let them get a word in. Not once did myself or my partner get to finish a sentence. You are anything but the top of your game Dr Georgius. From your comments yesterday you have not read the history nor the comments from others. Most disappointing you have lost our complete confidence and that should matter.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! Worst doctor I've ever met. Super friendly at first, until he found out I didn't have high level private health insurance. Then the real person came out. Rude, cut me off in conversation, said HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS CAUSING MY PAIN... he said "I'd put you in my pain management program but since you have no insurance, you'll have to go on a hospital waiting list." Then he gave me a referral to the public hospital system which my GP could have done SIX MONTHS AGO but a neurosurgeon referred me saying he'd be helpful. He told me nothing google hadn't already, he ignored my questions, talked down to me in a mocking way for trying to have a discussion, worst patient manner I've ever experienced. I've been studying health science so I understood everything he was saying & he kept talking to me like I was dumb. I didn't complain at the time because I was in so much pain from his 'assessment' and too shocked by his rudeness to process how bad it had been. Now that I've had a day to calm down and process this... I've realised I've been ripped off big time. In summary, he rushed me (was already 20 minutes late and seemed to have no interest in giving me my money's worth since I wouldn't be in his ongoing program), he HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS WRONG, and he spent 5 minutes giving me some referrals. My GP could've done that. THEN he had the audacity to charge me $350!! That's $200 over the scheduled fee... for that sort of money I was expecting results! If I went to a mechanic, and the mechanic said "I don't know what's wrong, but here's a friend who probably gives me some money for referring you to him that might, here's a piece of paper... oh and that took like 10 minutes of my time to say... so... $350 please. NO WAY IN HELL WOULD I HAVE PAID. I will be writing an official complaint to the practice to cancel my future appointment and let them know exactly why I want my money back. Such robbery!!! I've seen a lot of specialists and never have I had such a bad experience that I felt the need to write a review to hopefully warn others not to waste their time with him! Also, very poor reception training since they never told me that he would not treat me without insurance... so I had saved up $350 in the hopes he'd be a big help & I have zero benefit. If the reception staff had informed me that his treatment works through admission into a private program, I would not have wasted my time by booking an appointment.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Rude, abrupt, utter waste of time and money. Dr Georgius will talk over the top of you, tell you specialists youve seen are wrong, and misdiagnose so he can send you to services which no doubt line his pockets. I've had further testing, you were wrong, rude and an utter waste of time.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Wouldn't be surprised that the review below (giving this guy unprecedented quality reviews) is either Peter himself or a member of his staff. Make no mistake, Peter Georgius should not be in this field. He has zero interest in helping you, instead, he'd prefer your money whilst referring you to other physicians in order to fill their pockets too. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I have found Dr Georgius to be extremely helpful, professional and easy to talk to. He has thoroughly explained my condition, offered a variety of treatment options, and at all times has been friendly and approachable. He has impressed me with his extensive knowledge of my condition, his multi-disciplinary treatment approach (has referred me to a specialist physio, podiatrist and psychologist) , his empathy, and his pleasant demeanour. I have also found his staff to be helpful, efficient and professional. My condition is ongoing, so I am pleased that I have found a pain specialist who will help me through this uncertain future.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

i did not read the comments on this site till now. i saw georgius for 15 mins and was hustled out the door while still asking questions, but was charged the full 1 hr appointment fee, which was hundreds of dollars. i should not have paid. he pointed his finger at me while telling me i wasn't sensitive to drugs, but he was. he told me i didnt have the disease i was diagnosed with 2 years ago, but did not have the courage to put this in his report back to the diagnosing specialist, who is a leader in his field. said i had an anxiety disorder as i was in tears for the entire appointment, but didnt bother to ask the cause of my tears. suggested a completely inappropriate treatment, the only benefit of which i can see, would be to line his pocket. he appeared to have not read my prefilled out forms. spent most of appoint asking and writing down the answers to the questions i had already filled out in forms. constantly talked over me. would not let me ask questions or elaborate. said; 'ill say this again as you didnt seem to get it the 1st time'. he couldnt help me with my condition. referred me to other extremely unsuitable 'therapies'. In addition, i sat through an unpleasant disciplinary conversation being had at the reception desk between 2 staff members. i have since been told this dr has reputation for being either very kind or very rude to u. i am a kind, hard working person, in a lot of pain, with limited funds, and gave him no reason to be anything but kind in return. i refused to give him any more of my hard earned money. his behavior was abmoninable. he is insecure, unempathetic, arrogant, condescending & appears to be money hungry. during phone calls prior to my appoint, the staff had been abrupt & rude.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2017

An absolute pig of a human being. Rude, arrogant, doesn't let you talk, talks over you whilst standing on his soap box of proclaimed knowledge. Please to whoever reads this and is looking at an appointment with him, do not waste your time seeing this man. You'll walk away without help, and feeling helpless

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016