Ratings for Dr. Mark Ryan

I personally wouldn't recommend him to women - I once suffered from terrible pain caused by severe anxiety. It affected my eating habits, as it gave me pain in my chest and at the base of my ribs, and I started to eat less as a result. All I can recall from our sessions was him aggressively demanding, "Are you scared of being fat?!", a comment that I was "desperate for a boyfriend", and that I should "just eat". I am a young woman of colour, so I have been targeted by older men all my life, but this has got to be the worst. Sexism, ageism, heteronormativity, ignorance.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Our session today was very disappointing

His approach to my problem was to lecture me on Sleep and ignore me every time i tried to speak. My problem was not simply a case of a young person spending too much time on their computer. This is an array of problems that i have which all impact me on a daily basis and all relate very significantly with ADHD.

If i wanted to seek help for behavioural problems, i’d seek it from a much more affordable and knoweldgeable Psychologist, which i am actually doing right now, I am planning to start sessions that help me work on time management, sleeping well, Organising tasks, anger management, relationships.

I came to Mark Ryan for help with medication to actually be able to focus, listen and apply the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy i want to start doing.

He insulted the idea of medication, refused to let me speak and ignored my conversation, and jumped to conclusions very quickly.

His bloody job is to listen to the client’s problems and offer solutions, not just offer a somewhat relevant idea to help, but actually listen and offer the solutions to the real problem. An ignorant, biased, Ageist prick.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I have had many experiences with health providers & four Psychiatrists, mostly I have found Doctors and staff to be preoccupied with business. I found Dr Ryan exceptionally human & helpful

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

He was always running at least 30 minutes late and I did not feel he listened properly

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Has a genuine interest in getting to the root issues and understands the connection between general health and mental health. Has a more holistic approach and is up-to-date with current research and treatment.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015