Ratings for Dr. Zoltan Makkay

I entered North York General Hospital in labour with my first child and Dr. Zoltan Makkay, a doctor I had seen once during my pregnancy (he was then part of a now defunct group obstetrics practice) was the doctor on call. He told me that I was not in labour but rather, false labour. He gave me two Seconal pills, saying go home and come back in a few weeks when you are really in labour. I took the pills, was driven home only to return after a couple of hours. When I returned, it was quite apparent that the labour was real. I had difficulty pushing under the influence of barbiturates and was made to feel it was my fault. I was threatened with a forceps delivery which "will scar the baby". He was very rough in the delivery room. He had the gall to come by my room in the morning, laughing and joking, not once apologizing for feeding my almost newborn barbiturates. I did not return to him for the scheduled 6 week check up, choosing my GP instead. Thankfully, my baby is now, 22 years later, just fine but I will never forget Zoltan Makkay's cruelty, rudeness and horrible manner. Needless to say, my other children were not born at NYGH.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015