Ratings for Dr. Adam Jackson

I had a brain tumor in 2014 removed by this so called dr.it's been the worst experience of my life.I have permanent damage in my right arm that mayo clinic confirmed.Jackson said after 1 st surgery this wasnt going to happen."just some therapy."which was un truth.in December of 2014 I had lost 37 ibs and yeah had blood and fluied on brain went to er several times emailed and called jackson, nope, no response.went down to see Jackson at clinic and good thing I did as Jackson was playing rubber band shooting with his nurse...and front desk said he was "to busy".Jan 5 2015 I had follow up appt with Jackson....his exact words to me were and I quote "I bet u feel like .... (this rating will not allow me to say what he really said)" he proceeded to tell me what I already knew.I needed surgery the next day...now I don't go to Sanford anymore obviously per mine and mayo clinics advice.but if u truly love u r self or others don't repeat don't have any procedure doNE at Sanford hospitals.. ever...if a nerosergeon gets away with this behavior imagine what ur Dr can do...I plan on making it my life long message to get the word out about he and sanford.I mean they've done so much for me....

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr Jackson operated on my 3 month old daughter's VP shunt for her congenital hydrocephalus due to her Spina Bifida. He did not use any pre or post op antibiotics, left a god-awful incision, and worst of all he placed a 10cm catheter into my daughters ventricle. It was way too long for my tiny baby's head and punctured right through into her brain tissue. We still do not know if she will have permanent damage. The shunt he placed never did work at all. My daughter developed a water balloon sized fluid sack around her incision. Dr Jackson told us it was a hematoma. My daughter was suffering and only being given Tylenol for pain. Dr Jackson wanted to take her back into surgery, but we refused his care and asked to be switched to a different surgeon. We later found out after requesting transfer to a specialty hospital, that our daughter had an infection in her spinal fluid. There's no way to prove it, but it is extremely likely due to the fact that she had no antibiotics before or after a majorly invasive brain surgery. I warn all parents that I possibly can about dr. Jackson. We almost lost our daughter because of him and others at Sanford Fargo. Please do not go there.

Submitted December 14, 2015