Ratings for Dr. Albina Abaya-Comendador

Dr Comendador spent time with us and did not push medication on my husband. She advised on the medication he was taking. She gave us a follow up date and we had a lengthy time with her as well. She was personable, knowledgeable and listened intently. She understood our situation. The doctor was very prompt.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

this doctor is as bad as she has been reviewed she interrupts and asks very few question and is very repetitive. she does not respond to your symptoms and i will be discontinuing seeing her and i will be seeking another more skilled psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

I was seeing this doctor for over 20 years and not once did she tell me that I had schizophrenia. She told my family doctor that I was schizophrenic and my family doctor told my family. Not once did my family even tell me my diagnosis. I am 45 years old and went off my meds and became tremendously ill. I ended up at CAMH where they told me about the diagnosis. All because this doctor had no regard or respect for me to tell me my illness and I would have known I could not go off medication. Because of all this I have lost everything in my life. My job my home and she effectively destroyed my family because of her negligence. I am still not better and have had no relief from the negative symptoms of this illness. This doctor should be ashamed of herself and have her medical license revoked.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2014

All this doctor can do is over medicate you. Not once did she tell me what my actual diagnosis was. When I was showing signs and symptoms of my diagnosis in front of her in her office over the years not once did she explain to me that it is a symptom and why it was happening to me. It would have been comforting to know. What kind of doctor keeps a major diagnosis of a patient to themselves and not once mention it to her patient? I have now been trying to obtain copies of all her medical notes on me for 20 years and she has been completely disregarding my request. It is called freedom of information. A doctor I saw a few years ago had also caught on that I had PTSD. You would think that seeing a psychiatrist for over 20 years she would have caught on that I had PTSD. Not this doctor. Do not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Comendador always changes subjects quickly and does not wait for feedback from you such as if you have any questions. She frequently interrupts you when you talk, and this is high frequency, as well as frequently changes subjects. She yells at you. She talks angry at you. She told me that other patients have told her she's stupid, unprofessional, and she has said that patients have physicall attack her. You can see her if you wish, just in case you don't believe me.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I had been seeing Dr. Comendador for over 20 years. In my early 20s I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and not once was this diagnosis or any diagnosis ever mentioned to me. This lack of respect and regard for a patient is unforgivable. I am now 45 yrs old and only now this late in life am I being told the diagnosis. I was referred to Dr. C. through her boss Dr. Eisen, the head of Psychiatry at what was York Central Hospital, on an outpatient basis. Dr. C. had all the notes from Dr. Eisen during my admission to the hospital. Why would a doctor be so careless as to not read those notes and diagnosis and not once discuss it with her patient? For over 20 yrs she did nothing but medicate me to be a fake and phony human being. I purchased and swallowed my meds. She did nothing to help me the patient but instead she did what she wanted and that was to over medicate me so I was not even living. I would not want this to happen to anyone else. I want to sue her and Dr. Eisen for negligence.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013