Dr. Sun Young Elly Park

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sun Young Elly Park

Only have good things to say about dr park.... my teeth and gum health has improved so much since I went in for my dental visits and it has made me feel so much better about myself. Brought family and friends and have no reason to find another clinic. Thanks for the good care dr park and her staff.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

I found Dr. Park from the reviews. I was very impressed with the care I received. I will be following her and referring my family to her.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I have never had such a pleasant visit at a dental office. Great staff and amazing care with Dr Park. She was very direct and told me what i needed to do and what did not need to be done. she was very honest and I did not feel pressured to do any unnecessary work (which i have experienced from prevous dental places). She has very gentle hands and is very approachable and patient. I always feel reassured I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

i have always associated dental visits with fear. however meeting dr park and her team has changed it forever for me. dr park is just amazing. i would recommend this dentist in a hearbeat.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Certainly one of the best dentists out there! Going in, I had so much anxiety from the past negative experiences. As I had waited for so many years I needed a couple of fillings. I dreaded the appointment, but when the day came Dr Park and her staff were very understanding and everything went so much better than I dreaded! Dr Park has a great chairside manner and does beautiful work. Plus, very clean & new facility. Had I found Dr Park earlier, I would have not been so scared of the dentist! No more reason to dread my visits! Five stars and plus over and over!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Really if I could give less than 1 point I unfortunately would. I decided to try a new dentist out closer to home as my previous dentist was in Richmond. Dr Park suggested that I had a mouth full of problems, at least 7 cavities, a crown, etc after taking extensive xrays and panoramic views. I was mortified so I decided to request all of my x-rays and go elsewhere for a 2nd opinion. I was contacted by the receptionist a few times and I felt they were pushy and tried to play on the fact that my teeth were in such a mess. They even suggested I take out a loan to pay for the thousands of dollars worth of treatment. I went to another doctor who is also a UBC Professor in Dentistry and I learned that I do not need a crown, nor do I have a mouth full of cavities but rather just one!!! I am very disappointed and feel that I was absolutely misled by Dr Park and her staff.

Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Sun Young Elly Park

Dr. Sun Young Elly Park's response
Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. We would like to take the opportunity to clarify some of the issues addressed: A dental treatment plan provided at the time of a comprehensive new patient exam, can vastly differ from dentist to dentist. It can range from a comprehensive approach with most ideal options taken into consideration in the long-run to a more limited, compromised treatment option that reflect what is minimally necessary/urgent. Besides, fillings could be recommended not just for cavities but also for areas of heavy wear, broken or failing older fillings for preventive reasons. Dental crowns are recommended on structurally compromised teeth. It is a subjective difference between dentists to place a crown on a tooth after it fractures vs. before it gets there, for better predictability and long-term prognosis. A treatment plan, therefore, can differ for every dentist depending on what they consider is a comprehensive care. At our office, we always strive to propose the most ideal treatment plan to our patients and discuss all the options as much as possible. We apologize if our office had not clarified enough on different options for you. If you still have concerns regarding the difference in the treatment options we have provided, do not hesitate to call our office. 604-554-0118 CGS Dentistry

Submitted July 15, 2016

She is so caring and patient and spends time listening to your concerns and answering questions without you feeling hurried. I will recommend Dr. Park to all my friends and family. The most genuine and painless Dentist I have ever met. Thank you Dr. Park for your work on my teeth my fillings feel perfect. You also have very nice staff in your office which is not always the case with other Dental offices I have visited.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

This dentist made me think differently of dentists. She is very gentle, personable, and makes you feel at ease in a dental chair. Her work also has made everything feel much better in my mouth. I now come for regular cleaning thanks to her and her staff. I only have good things to say. Please keep up the wonderful work, Dr Park! A strong recommend to anyone looking for good long term care.!!! -jw

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Cherry picker.... Has no idea how to work with kids.... Careless...

Submitted April 12, 2016

The most compassionate and gentle dentist I have ever seen. I have a slight fear of dentists and needles thanks to a bad experience with fillings and not enough numbing medication. So when Dr. Park told me I had 7 cavities that needed to be filled I was in a panic. Needless to say, when the day came for my appointment she kept me calm and assured me I wouldn't feel a thing. Even when she was injecting the medication into my gums I hardly felt a thing! She made sure I was comfortable throughout my appointment, giving me more numbing medication as needed. In fact, I was so at ease, I think there was a point I actually fell asleep! Amazing team, amazing doctors... They all make me feel extremely safe and welcomed.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Sun Young Elly Park's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients