Ratings for Dr. Mitchell S. Gittelman

Never saw the doctor, was told they couldn't properly provide care for my illness, then told to go to the county clinic? Then told to call my former doctor to get the dosage for my medicine, which if they had just Googled the name they would have found out that there is only one dosage manufactured. People who work the medical field should at least know how to look up a medication even if it is a new drug to them. Hopefully the staff will use this critique to improve their methods and procedures, they need it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oath

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

Don't I repeat don't go to this Dr. Number one his bed side manner is bad, he don't listen to his patient,and will give you bad advice by telling you there's nothing wrong with you.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

This Doc is like a Life Coach. No one wants to hear your overweight or you need to do this and that these days. They just think scripts will fix what ales you. If you've been coached before in sports then I compare him to that and he could be the most important coach you ever have. If you want it sugar coated then go somewhere else. But he is and has helped me!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Doctor and staff's ignorance of what my insurance would cover cost me $1500 out of pocket. Talked me into a sleep study I did not ask for or as it turns out need in the least. Assured me my insurance would cover it. Got the bill today for Nearly $1400. Sent me to a lab that does not participate with my insurance. Another $100 out of pocket. Very short with the patient. Does not listen well. I will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2012

I feel that he really cares for his patients. He listens to me and helps with me with any of my problems without lots of pills.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Went for medicine for another issue, which was ignored and turned into a conversation about how fat i am. if you dislike cold hard relentless facts, i would avoid him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

I had just moved to town,1 week after I arrived in MD I had to have emergency surgery in the ER. My insurance company was giving me the run-a-round because the ER Dr that preformed my surgery wasn't in my network. They insisted that I first see my Primary Care Physician to get a referral in order to see the ER Dr again, so I could have my post-op check up. After 2 weeks my insurance company still hadn't told me who was my PCM (Primary Care Physician) was. It wasn't until the Friday before the Tues (4 days) that I was scheduled for my post-op visit that I was finally told Dr Gittelman was my PCM. Dr. G's office staff was AMAZING! They got me in, same day, that Friday afternoon! They did all the paperwork and faxed it all to the insurance before they left the office on Friday! They even called the insurance co. on Monday to make sure it was approved before my appt at 9am with the ER Dr the next morning! The fact that they went over and above for a NEW patient was truly AMAZING!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Saved my life! I had high blood pressure, chronic back and knee pain, and early type II diabetes. I'd been to 2 other doctors before and basically just handed scripts for pills and xrays- get a little better, get a little worse. I was also 150lbs overweight, and when I saw Dr. G the first thing he said was "If you don't lose this weight, you're going to die. But first, you're going to end up in a wheelchair, maybe go blind. So I can help you get a wheelchair, or I can help you stay out of one". I was mad as H#LL for about a week, then I started losing the weight. I take no meds now. I wonder if the other reviewers are just afraid to hear the truth told straight.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

This is one so called doctor who does NOT listen to what hurts you. After I dumped him and went to an Internal Med doctor,I was sent for an MRI of my back. I had BAD L4-L5 and L5-S1 disc which had to come out. Now I am pain free in the center lower back.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

God complex is dead on. Any reviews you find on this guy will read just like these for good reason. What a self important uncaring fool. No care for the patient. No pain management whatsoever. Does not answer questions or care for patients opinions, or even listen to information that he does not deem worthy of consideration within 2 seconds. Bedside manner of a rattlesnake. Staff was inefffective with the exception of the Nurse Practitioner. Brushed aside all information pertaining to hereditary and accidental causes of back injury. Did not believe that the patient knew anything about her own body. Stopped just short of accusation of faked pain for getting drugs, for no reason. Will not trust recent tests done by other doctors. Care consisted of 2 celebrex daily and another appointment in 4 weeks. Pathetic. I would never send anyone I cared about to this guy again. In his defense, I understands he plays guitar. Perhaps a career along that path would be in everyone's best interest.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Dr. Mitchell S. Gittelman's Credentials

• Umdnj-Sch Of Osteo Med, Stratford Nj 08084 (Grad. 1996)