Ratings for Dr. John De Almeida

I had large thyroglossal duct cyst surgically removed. Dr John is an excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

Seeing this doctor was a real blessing in disguise. When he first walked in to see my father who had been diagnosed with tongue cancer I thought he might be a resident because he looks quite young. But after speaking with him for a while it was obvious that he was much more. He did an 8 hours surgery to take out my fathers cancer and put him back together. He did a wonderful job. He is obviously very skilled, very confident, and most importantly to us, he was so understanding and has a great bedside manner. Recommend him highly

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

Dr D is amazing! I have been going to him for over 3 years now. I had lung cancer diagnosed three years ago and was referred to him because I’ve had pain in my neck and nodules in my thyroid. The cancer treatment has changed me and I worry whenever I get some new symptoms but he always answers my questions. He also tells me if he’s not sure without pretending to have all the answers. He’s honest and thorough never ignores my issues. Thanks for being so understanding Dr D.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

Dr. Almeida is an exceptional doctor with a striking and unmatched intellect. He saved my father when he was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. After performing a critical and about a 7 hour surgery, my father is now fully recovered thanks to Dr. Almeida and God. This doctor has been truly a blessing for us all. I would recommend him and his impeccable staff without hesitation to anyone that has head or neck cancer. Thank you very much Dr. Almeida and your team!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

Dr. deAlmeida was highly recommended by my ent. He said that he wanted to send me to the best oncologist for the type of cancer I have. Dr. deAlmeida did my surgery and it was a very good experience. He is meticulous in his work. I feel so fortunate to have him caring for me. He is the best there is!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I have never met a more kind and caring doctor. He was very helpful in answering my questions about my problems. I had surgery for a pituitary gland tumor. I was having significant problems with blockage of my nose after the surgery. He was very thorough and spent more time with me than the surgeon that did the surgery. He removed some crusts in his office with and my breathing was much better. He really put me at ease and was very easy going and approachable. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 squamas carcinoma the day after his 65th birthday, retirement day and Remembrance Day. We will be forever grateful to Dr. De Almeida for his honesty about the robotic surgery that he may or may not be able to do... In the end, the surgery was not an option , but the team of Dr. Andrew Bayley, Dr. De Almeida and Dr. Raymond Jang came up with a new solution..... Tho radiation was extremely intense ( 5 days a week and twice on Thursdays) the care and compassion they all shared with us - was and still is amazing. I would highly recommend them to you if you want the best - my husband is alive because of them and we will be celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary together this year!!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

We are blessed to have met this doctor. He did surgery on my dad when we were told surgery is not a possibility. Other surgeons would not even answer our questions about why surgery was not a possibility. The surgery was so very successful and we are so grateful for that. Thanks to you for your hard work and caring and for helping my dad.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Almeida is such an amazing surgeon. He performed my brother's surgery along with Dr. Witterick's team at Mount Sinai on 28 th of August, 2017. My gratitude towards him. My brother got a new life. May God bless him to save many more lives in future.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dismissive. Very rude. Wouldnt volunteer any information. Gets offended when asked wiestion. Knowlefege is very questionable

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017