Ratings for Dr. John De Almeida

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 squamas carcinoma the day after his 65th birthday, retirement day and Remembrance Day. We will be forever grateful to Dr. De Almeida for his honesty about the robotic surgery that he may or may not be able to do... In the end, the surgery was not an option , but the team of Dr. Andrew Bayley, Dr. De Almeida and Dr. Raymond Jang came up with a new solution..... Tho radiation was extremely intense ( 5 days a week and twice on Thursdays) the care and compassion they all shared with us - was and still is amazing. I would highly recommend them to you if you want the best - my husband is alive because of them and we will be celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary together this year!!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

We are blessed to have met this doctor. He did surgery on my dad when we were told surgery is not a possibility. Other surgeons would not even answer our questions about why surgery was not a possibility. The surgery was so very successful and we are so grateful for that. Thanks to you for your hard work and caring and for helping my dad.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Almeida is such an amazing surgeon. He performed my brother's surgery along with Dr. Witterick's team at Mount Sinai on 28 th of August, 2017. My gratitude towards him. My brother got a new life. May God bless him to save many more lives in future.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dismissive. Very rude. Wouldnt volunteer any information. Gets offended when asked wiestion. Knowlefege is very questionable

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I am so appreciative for what Dr. De Almeida did to save my life. He was running late the first time I saw him in the clinic but he spent a lot of time explaining what needed to be done. He seemed so humble and understanding but still confident and I could instantly trust him. I had a thyroid cancer and he did a five hour surgery. He took the tumor out and saved my voice although the tumor was stuck on my vocal nerve. You can hardly tell where he did the surgery. I still see him every few months and he always asks how I'm doing and makes me laugh. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Amazing surgeon, very thorough, intelligent and great bedside manner. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

He was amazing having to deal with my wife's ameloblastoma and working along side Dr. Monteiro as well. We couldn't have asked for better surgeons

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I've been in to see Dr. de Almeida a couple times now and the only thing I can say is that he is pretty punctu First time I went to see him he said one thing and the next time was something else. He even denied saying it the first time but luckily I had someone with me to back me up. I was diagnosed with MTC in 2016 and have yet to be sent for DNA testing. He is basically guessing and its a joke. We need DNA testing in order to decide what comes next.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. de Almeida. My story started a few months ago when I noticed a lump in my neck while I was shaving. I saw a number of doctors who all told me I was fine and that it would go away. I tried antibiotics and nothing seemed to work. My intuition told me something wasn't right. After finally getting a CAT scan, my GP eventually referred me to Dr. de Almeida who told me that he was concerned. He did a biopsy right away and told me that I had a cancer in the back of my tongue. I always knew something was wrong and he quickly confirmed it. He was very thorough and always answers my questions. I don't think there is a single time that I haven't had to wait to see him, but when he's in the room, he's really patient and never makes you feel rushed. I couldn't imagine being a cancer doctor and having to the types of things these people do, but I'm glad we have docs like Dr. de Almeida doing what they do!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr De Almeida is amazing!! He is intelligent, kind, and you know you are in good hands when you speak to him. He saved my husbands life. He performed surgery for his nasal sinus cancer and he has had no cancer for over two years. What a fantastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016