Ratings for Dr. Damian Ryan

I have had two carpal tunnel operations. One with Dr Ryan and one with another surgeon. I cannot express my gratitude enough to Dr Ryan, he is a magnificent surgeon and a wonderful human being. I had no pain whatsoever after my operation which was a complete shock to me considering the excruciating pain after my first operation with another doctor. I would recommend Dr Ryan to anyone considering hand surgery. He is very knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner. Extremely impressed.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I have been to Dr Ryan twice, once when I broke my hand, and another for tendon damage to a one of my fingers. Dr Ryan is straight-forward and has a sense of humour. His knowledge is second to none, and I believe this to be why some people may find his appointments shorter than expected. He immediately knows what is wrong and what needs to be done, there is no beating around the bush. He is my one and only choice for hand related injuries. There simply isn't anyone else who can compete at his level.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

I was given only 5 mins of his time during which he referred to Dr Korber for a CT scan of finger - which would mean taking another day off work to go and see him all the way down in Miranda - I work at Westmead. I wasn't impressed when I asked Dr Ryan how to stop the pain in my middle finger and he asked if it hurt to bend or to straighten it. I replied "I think to bend it", to which he replied "Well, that's easy. Just don't bend it!) And the next thing I was out of his office, with no recommendation on how to cope with the pain levels or even a suggestion of seeing the hand physio clinic attached to his room. I left in tears, thinking that whatever is wrong with it, must be so small and insignificant that he hardly gave me any of his time and his flip answer at the end, made me determined to find someone else to treat it. Unfortunately, I haven't found a good one - one that will spend longer that 5 mins with you and will take the time to go though all of the options available.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013