Dr. Richard Prytula

Ratings for Dr. Richard Prytula

Was sent to him for an independent medical exam (IME). When I received the report I had a mental breakdown due to the information he relied on his report which were made up to make me look like my injury didn't happen at work. It's shameful that he seems to be able to get away with it. If you have a bad experience being sent here make sure you follow up with a complaint to the Health Services Commissioner and Victorian Ombudsman. How can so many injured workers be wrong.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I was treated badly and spoken down to. I got cut off by him when I tried to explain the situation. Take somebody into the room with you to protect yourself.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Awful experience was sent to him to be assessed 'independently'. He's not independent

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Very little eye contact and gets off on belittling.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Disgusting pathetic man causes further injury to people on behalf of insurance companies

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I find it hard to believe that I was fired and bullied for reporting child abuse to a Catholic school and was "steered" toward not reporting (which I ignored), see a Psychologist, a psychiatrist and am on antidepressants for suicidal thoughts but only was rated at 10% after a 15 minute discussion without being able to talk about my experiences. Now I know why a lot of teachers do not report child abuse. Nobody wants to listen

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

I suspect that he has written the good reports as I found him dreadful. In his IME report he even tried to argue against the original Medical Panel when he had no relevant background and didn't even know the background symptoms required for my condition.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Would have given a negative review, but seems it was ok. Didn't ask enough to form an opinion I thought, but he was nice and while I expected him to say I was fine based on the questions and me coincidentally having a really good day, I today found out that while my claim was rejected DR P made the same diagnosis as the real independent doctors, and did not dispute that it was work related. Perhaps he saw enough and didn't need to ask more questions. Wouldn't have been happy if he misdiagnosed - but he didn't. Claim rejected due to my statement and proof not being submitted yet, which will change the story the insurance company has reported. (Will appeal and get these in.) DR P did state liability lies with previous employer (previous entity, same managers) but I haven't got past the backstory with anyone including DR P yet so this was to be expected. (Long story, aggravation of existing injury from same employer under new entity doing the same things and more. Would have to had spent two days with DR P to get to this!) I suggest holding negative reviews until you see if DR P has written things you disagree with. He may be picking up on everything in ways you're not aware and know when he's seen/heard enough.

Submitted September 2, 2016

I was quite surprised when I read these reviews. I found Dr Prytula was very helpful and understanding. He listened to me. I was very distressed, He was very gentle and took his time to understand what was going on with me.

Submitted June 14, 2016

An absolute disgrace and excuse for a Psychiatrist. He had his "script" and I was not allowed to sway from it. I was not allowed to provide him information to support my Case. He only wanted to listen to what HE wanted to hear. I was completely restricted by him in providing information I believed was relevant. He wouldn't allow me to talk if he didn't want to hear it. I wish there was a lower score than a one star rating for this excuse of a man.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016