Ratings for Dr. Tadese Fesehaye Debretsion

Very personable, takes time despite being in a buzy open clinic hence the 3 for punctuality. If you become a patient as I jave you can book firm appointments with Andrea the top assistant.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Debretsion is without a doubt the best family physician my wife and I have ever used. He is very competent, very caring and takes the time to thoroughly explain everything. He is always positive and upbeat. We are certainly happy that we found him when we moved to Oakville. My wife in particular was having an unusual problem which top specialists were having trouble diagnosing. Dr. Debretsion has the unique ability to "think outside the box" and recommended a treatment for her problem that worked. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I find this doctor to be unwilling to commit to a diagnosis, sending me to a myriad of specialists taking months before I could get relief instead of trying some simple solutions. And getting notes or other paperwork for WSIB or work? He doesn't seem to believe they will do much good. I'd recommend him as a walk-in doctor for a minor injury or illness, but not for anything chronic. P.S. He's at the clinic Mondays and Fridays only.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Very helpful with realistic advice and knowledgeable with a caring response to questions asked.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

Of all the general practitioners I have seen, Dr. Debretsion is the one who best combines a compassionate manner and excellent diagnostic skills. He listens well and responds appropriately. I went to see him with what I had thought was heartburn. Thanks to his concern, insight and correct referral to a cardiologist, I learned otherwise. He also correctly diagnosed a post-operative complication. I consider Dr. Debretsion to be a committed partner in my recovery and ongoing health.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Went in for an ear infection and was prescribed antibiotic drops and pills. I asked for a doctors note for work for the day because of the pain and congestion. He then questioned me on where I work when I started. He was unsure if he should give me one. After waiting in pain to see him for almost 2 hrs and having him diagnose the infection I thought it was unprofessional of him to question like I was trying to pull some sort if scam when he clearly seen the evidence. Try to avoid seeing him unless you want to feel on trail.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

An incredibly prejudiced, reactionary, discriminatory doctor. He refuses to prescribe any narcotic medications unless it is "100% necessary for only a few days after major surgery". He claims that it is "ethics" which prevents him from prescribing controlled substances but on my view these are 'ethics of convenience'. I waited for over an hour at a walk in clinic and when he got to me he said he would do nothing for me (I required a prescription for Vyvanse and folic acid) and that I should never see him again. Hard not to do when you rely on a walk in clinic for regular medical care! Be prepared to be disdainfully 'lectured at' with this man.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013