Ratings for Dr. Edward F. Fisher

It took me 16 phone calls to this office to get a prescription done right!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I switched my entire family to Dr. Fisher after trying at least 3 other practices in Frederick that were just ok. We have loved Dr. Fisher for 5 years. He has a no nonsense approach and reading other reviews it makes me wonder if people are hypochondriacs looking for medicine to solve all of life's problems. His staff has been GREAT! They always remember my kids and ask how we are doing. It takes about a day to get a refill request. He was relaxed about my 2 year old's breathing issues, but prescribed the nebulizer and appropriate medication, just never making a fuss about it. When I had a sudden weight gain, he ran blood work and did a couple of things to change up medication and prescription vitamins, he didn't just blow it off. He worked great with my daughter's specialist from the children's hospital so she could have consistent treatment locally. But best of all, when I was having blood sugar issues he was willing to prescribe an off-label use of diabetes medication that was a life changer. I had suffered with the problem for 20 years and had immediate resolution. That is the kind of out of the box thinking I can get behind.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Is dismissive of problems including failing to do any exam. Asked both my husband and me on separate occasions, "What do you want me to do?" about medical problems after we gave info and without making any recommendations himself. Why would a doctor expect a patient to solve his own problem? Made snide and insulting remarks. Assistant doesn't know enough. Front office staff unhelpful and obstructive. Will be changing offices ASAP.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

He's a nice guy, but gets by on his charisma. My husband loved him. I feel he blows women off and doesn't respect their concerns. I've had trouble with their prespcriptions not being sent to the pharmacy.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is not so thrilled w/ Dr Fisher. I went to see him several yrs ago b/c I had been in a car accident and hurt my back. He basically blew me off and told me "you know you will get better". Really?! how do you know? Do you have xray vision? Not to mention his CRNP Susan will give you meds for whatever ails you while hardly even spending any time examining you or listening to what is the reason for your visit. I had a kidney issue and she sent me for urine analysis and sent me home. Needless to say she should have referred me to a nephrologist b/c it was rather serious. Ended up having to see Dr Jones (who is very good) & she referred me to Dr Johnson. Thankfully I'm better today, but no thanks to them. If I could switch to Dr Jones as my primary I'd probably still be w/ their practice, but they won't allow you to switch doctors. :o(

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

Sorry but I just thought he was a real jerk. Went to get birth control...he drilled me about "don't you want to have a baby? You're the perfect age." Ummm...no. I got a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

There automated prescription refill system is broke. Prescriptions don't get filled, and are incorrect. There is lack of communication and disrespect.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

I felt that he does not really listen to what I have to say. I feel that he dismisses me. He did not seem interested in getting my prior medical records from another state.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2008

Patient oriented. Takes time.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2006

Dr. Edward F. Fisher's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

GHI