Ratings for Dr. Kobus Stassen

I was recently admitted to south Calgary campus for Pneumonia with underlying infection, which made me very ill. After all was said and done and all care was provided by 3 prior Dr's, Dr Stassen came in and began criticizing his colleagues for the care they had given me, note at this time I was making serious improvement, he then commented that" lots of people have pneumonia, lots of people have the flu " "sounds like you have a man cold". It was not this that bothered me as much as the fact the following morning he was doing rounds with med students and made the comments in front of them and got a good chuckle out of it. His terrible! Bed side manor should not be instilled in students and his arrogance may one day be the cost of someone's death. Leaving the hospital he then made the same comment to my wife. There is more to being a Dr then a certificate on the wall . I would have rather avoided being in the hospital at all and even being sick at all for that matter, but as terrible as I was feeling it does not make the situation better when you need to deal with Dr's like him, especially when his colleagues thought it was best to admit me to the hospital after their evaluations.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr Stassen treated my Mother for a number of issues when she was admitted to emergency at South Health Campus in late September. He was one of very few ER Doctors that would stop and explain each diagnosis in layman terms and truly help her understand. I can't say enough about how great he is in expertise and patient relations.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014