Ratings for Dr. Neal Morgan

I recovered fully from clinical depression and an anxiety disorder three years before I was referred to Dr. Morgan. Dr. Morgan confirmed this recovery and the fact that my previous psychiatrist had misdiagnosed me with psychosis. Oddly, Dr. Morgan refused to wean me from the unneeded antipsychotic medication, even though the side effects were detrimental. He changed the prescription twice, each time with intolerable side effects. He said if I discontinued antipsychotic medication, I would experience 'more psychotic episodes’. I reminded him that I had been diagnosed mistakenly with psychosis, and I asked to what psychotic episodes he was alluding. He became quiet, speaking to me again only to end our monthly appointments permanently. I weaned myself slowly from the antipsychotic medication six months later without any problems. More than a year later, I am medication free and in perfect health. Dr. Morgan’s conduct and integrity are under warranted scrutiny.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013