Ratings for Dr. Christopher Levesque

I was in Mr. Levesque's care in the past and do not recommend him to someone who wants to get on a methodone program. My reasons are numerous, but the main reason is that I did not feel respected by him nor his staff.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I have to laugh at all these junkies that are calling Dr. Levesque a glorified drug dealer. NEWS FLASH!!! All doctors are glorified drug dealers. I have nothing but kind words and the greatest respect for Dr. Levesque. I was a patient of his for almost 10 years and he truly saved my life. Dr. Levesque NEVER forced me to use his pharmacy. I used Jean Coutu for my entire time on Suboxone and he never had an issue with it ONCE. I would imagine that most of the people that gave him a bad rating, are junkies that never really wanted the help in the first place. They just wanted a "fix" anyway they could get it, and once Dr. Levesque figured out their game, he would toss them from the program. Then these scumbags try to attack him, by giving him a bad review. I know there were over 100 times when I would be sitting in his office and hear lots of sketch bags talking about getting high last night or offering to sell drugs to the person sitting beside them. These are the whiners that complain about Dr. Levesque, after he kicks them off the program for having multiple dirty urine tests. Numerous times I was approached by patients outside his office trying to sell me drugs. I would just look at them and laugh. If you truly want to get clean, Dr. Levesque will not only help, but he will go out of his way to make sure the process goes smoothly. Dr. Levesque is a class act and one of the best is his field. The only complaint I have, is that they should be more stringent with drug testing. Too many people are using the system to get high for cheap. They bring a friend's "clean" urine to pass their drug test. Dr. Levesque does do random urine tests, but I personally do not think it is enough. I think you should have to do a urine test, every time you see the doctor and that the urine test be supervised by a nurse(meaning that the nurse watches to make sure the urine is really coming out of you).

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Dr. Levesque is nothing more than a glorified drug dealer with a medical license As his patient you are forced to purchase every medication (prescribed by him or others) from the pharmacy that is run from inside his clinic. Conveniently Dr Levesque's in house pharmacy is owned and operated by his wife. So he writes up the drug scripts then forces you to buy them from his wife. This prescription drug sales scam does nothing but encourage over medication sales to his “patients” and long term dependence on Dr Levesque and his drugs. As an addict you feel as if you are simply trading one drug dealer / addiction for just another drug dealer / addition. I was trapped in his web for over 4 years till I finally decided to get away from him, his poison and his abuse. I asking Dr L to reduce my methadone gradually so I can get off the drug and away from his clinic and abusive ways. Dr L decided that I was no longer a “good fit” for his clinic and that he would no longer server me. . . Those weeks of “cold turkey” withdrawal were the worst days of my life. I could have died and felt like I was dying, but I survived and grew from the experience.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

comment#1 I hurd nothing but the best oof this doctor., i myself have been on methadone twice and you know what brings me riight back to the pain killers????? my NERVES!!! i tried every doctor i know of to get myself proscribed clonazapam because all my pass doctors prescibed me everything up to psychiatric drugs my body dint need of that poison witch it dint help....everytime my doctor would tell me it takes time give it a chance well i did n it made me feel worse....first reason they dont wanna give u clonaz is cuz they say it slows ur heart beat, last pill prescribed to help me slowed me heart twice as much as clonazapam did right there he seen i did my homework n un prescribed me it right there n there for kinda being a smart ass trying to get my point across....im tired of running arround paying up to 5$ for a 2mg clonazapam on the streets its just like i was on the same route i was while i was a opiot addict....and never judge the drugs prescribed by a doctor because EVERY DRUG IS POISON AND ADDICTIVE no mather witch one it is..take a gravol to help u ssleep for 2 weeks n see if u can go without at the end of 2 weeks,,,,ull feel as tho ur loosing ur mind and cant sleep and even take panic attacks i seen it my uncle use to be addicted to that and tylenol 1 ...take an aspirin a day for 2 week you iwill come to the same conclusion....ur body dosnt neeed it but the nuerons are so messed from the toxins of the pills there sending pain signals ot ur brain that you need it..yes doctors make money but its not them who shoved those painkillers in our mouths if anything their cutting back n im very happy about this...its the gouverment..we have no heroin or opiot feilds in canada or the USA?? so where u think their coming from? and dont u think at this day and age they could take the toxins out and make a painkiller witch does not make u dependent of nor make u feel like you're dying without it i can tell the other commenter is not a patient nor an addict because only addicts get this...its not my faulth but i strugle every month to find myself enough for 3 mg a day of clonazapam on the streets costing me a fortune....because liek i told my doctor im paying 5$ for a 2mg clonaz while u guys could prescribe me them for like 20$ a month....i do no abuse them i take one in the morning and edepending on how my day goes i take one in the evening then b4 bed....but most days i only taeke one in the morning n try to tought it out because i cant afford it... my doctors ssaid after im done methadone then i could be on it but then theyll be done with me n my family doctor witch is almst 80 no joke and he said never to ask for anything cuz hell never do it....and secound reason why they dont wanna prescribe it to me because their addictive and i have an addiction personality,,,it slike i told them im here to get better i do not take anoy other drug i dont even drin k i rly wann a get better but the more i come down my dose of methadone the more my nervs bother me...and like i told them it makes me amd because seems like a whole lot of ppl have them and dont nneed them because im the one buying thme with the names of my own doctors....is that fair to me after the yget it for free most of em on well fare n then i pay crazy prices....im actually going to try and go see him because even after that long talk with my methadone doctor and proved him wrong in every way because he prescribe me something worse for my ehart...then all the reasons why i need em i cant even go to the store lil alone get out the house when i dont have thm and its a whole day of panic attack one after another....so hopefully this guy can help me out.....because im sic k of being sick,,,i do not abuse them i only take them when i need em and i think thats fair that hes the only one arround that does that for his patients because u rly do not know what their going thru unless are there urself!! at least hes trying and seems to be listenning to his patients instead of in and out methods they use arround here....how u feeling...wanna go up or down or stay at the same? then they sentd u out the secratary write u up a new apointement he gives her ur script for your month n off u go..theey dont seem to care about how ur feeling i always try to tell em but they dont seem to even care its just a plain NO!!! so i ask them why do i have to suffer when some other doctors dint hname any help their legit patients out n hes like well go see lesveque hell hook u up?? like what kind of doctor says that? so yes i am going to go see levesque and see if he can hear my problems and listen to the the mental pain i go thru...i look at ppl walkin outside smiling and im just there wishing i could be like them and feel like them with smile on....and the only thing that works for me that makes me feel like a normal person sumwhat is clonazapam and i dont even want it forever...i want it till im done methadone n maybe 2 to 3 mmonths top after im done with my treatement!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

It's difficult to be polite when referring to the most successful drug pedlar in Atlantic Canada. He grants and denies his methadone prescriptions based on personal preference, and threatens his patients with everything from jail time to phone calls to the child protection agency. He claims to treat addicts fairly, non-judgementally and so on(and on and on), but despite his altruistic lectures, he's just getting rich off those he sees as beneath him(include yourself here people, becaue we're talking about someone who's above us all). Consider this: at Cameron clinic42$= one 40 mg dose of the gold + 1.5h mg of clonazepam. At Jean couteau that same prescription equalled 11.00$, flat. This includes no questioning from his wife? (On if he's slept with you yet, and if you haven't had the pleasure yet, then why aren't you upstairs? This guyis a dealer's dream. He has complete control over whether you can get to work, take care of your kids, or basically get out of bed. And all that cash? He

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013