Ratings for Dr. Bedy Lau

I found Dr. Lau to be extremely knowledgable , kind and skilled!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

I saw this ENT specialist earlier this month. I would say that Dr. Lau is definitely interested more in looking for the "big" stuff that could go wrong with your ear/nose/throat... he isn't rude but he isn't too much of a talker, either (he seems nice enough, though, but if he doesn't think anything is majorly wrong with your ear/nose/throat, then he doesn't spend a lot of time to explain too much). Do not expect him to have awesome bedside manner. I believe he is a good ENT but because he doesn't communicate as much as one may like (he seems pressed for time), I think it comes across as a bit off-putting to some people. However I am used to this kind of doctor... one could say it is a product of our healthcare system these days (doctors and nurses face more pressure to do more with less). Would I see him again? Well if it were an emergency I definitely would, but if it could wait and I wanted more thorough explanations, I would probably pick another ENT. He did offer to answer any questions I had at the end, but he wasn't looking at me when he said that -- he was already sat down and started writing his documentation. So I kind of felt like he didn't want to talk much... I just said thank you and left. I found that the nasoscoping he performed did not hurt. I think some people just have more narrow noses than others.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

I saw him briefly because of an acute sensorineural hearing loss which upset me as an active musician. He showed little interest and empathy and came across as immature and rude. Don't they learn manners at Medical School any more (no eating peanuts during examination!)? Whether he is a good practioner or not I will never know because I found a caring ENT doctor.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Rude and impatient and dismissive. I have a history of chronic ear infection which I regularly treated by over the counter antibiotic ear drops for years and the infections became more frequent and persistent over the past 2 years. There was also an ongoing low grade sore throat that came and went and was present more times than not. During a routine dental appointment, my dentist showed me an small localised infection on the roof of my mouth on the same side as the chronic ear infection. I was concerned enough to go to a walkin clinic to get checked out. A referral to Bedy Lau was made. By the time I saw him, the infection in the roof has resolved (daily gargling with hydrogen peroxide) and when Lau looked and did not see the infection he said "I do not believe the dentist!" Seats me on a stall, pushes my head against a head rest and insert a nasal scope and as I recoil with the pain and discomfort he says "very sensitive" in a tone that indicated it was my fault for reacting to probe. he then says he will give a nasal anesthesia in the form of a spray and then immediately inserts the tube again and I again recoil in pain and discomfort "You very sensitive" he says again. A person ought not be in pain in a routine examination. He made out a referral for a hearing test and then dismissed me in a similar tone that he used throught the assessment. Intrusive, rude and dismissive.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Dr. Lau is a very caring and knowledgeable specialist. He was easy to talk to and very sympathetic to my situation. You can tell he is brilliant and very experienced. He was able to put me on the right path to healing. One of the best doctors I have ever met in Canada.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

So surprised to see the high review here. My experience with this doctor was terrible. Rude, impatient, cold, that's all.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

In my experience Dr. Lau is a step above in skill and professionalism! One of the best Doctors I have ever had!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Very bad experience, very rushed and rude. Not professional.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

The visit to Dr Lau was terrible. He was very loud even after I told him that high volume voice hurt my ears. This doctor is very impatient, rude, I explained what I suffered, he said there was nothing wrong with my ears. At the end he didn't tell me anything about my ears, so I asked if there is any infection in my ears, he got pretty upset and told me that he would have told me if there was any. Overall my visit was terrible and very unpleasant. For sure I don't want to see this doctor again.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

A million THANKS to Dr. Bedy Lau, I'm finally cured after suffering from vertigo for the past 6 months. He has very caring and smart doctor. He gave me a few treatments and showed me how to do vertigo exercise at home. Highly recommended !

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017