Ratings for Dr. Gregory G. Messenger

Dr is very rushed and not attentive to questions. I was handed off to one of his "students" An MD fresh out of med school. When questioned as to why this student botched a biopsy on my scalp Dr Messenger acted annoyed. I was referred to as "an area of interest" when referring to why I got the student in the first place. He didn't ask my permission for this student to take over my case. Will never return to this quack.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. is very rushed and uncommunicative. He leaves any questions and instructions to be asked of one of his staff. I have seen him 4 times and have waited anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes before being called back to the exam room.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

This was my first time going to see Dr. Messenger and i was quite nervous to say the least. I had a dark mole that i figured would need to be removed. When he came into the room he briefly looked at it and then asked me to role onto my side so he could see it better. He didn't say anything while he looked at it and next thing i know, he is giving me 6 shots and going to town on removing it. Wasn't ready for it. (although i'm glad his assistant was atleast nice and careing). He was so rushed, i seriously don't even know what his face looked like because he was in and out in probably 5 mins. I didn't get to even ask any questions. It has now been 4 days and i just tried calling to tell them/ask why my incision is still bleeding and where to get my results from. After attempting to contact them 3 times and being put on hold 2 times, i finally hung up and called back because 15mins on hold was a little too much. So this time when i called, the lady/girl answered (did not ask to put me on hold this time) and i quickly tried to say "i'm sorry but can you please just tell me...." and she interupted me and said "i am with a patient, i can't help you." in a completely rude tone/voice. I'm sorry, but all i was asking was for an extension so that they would stop putting me through to a voicemail. I can't wait all weekend until Monday and continue to let it bleed. My goodness. A voicemail isn't going to help me when i'm bleeding. Needless to say, i felt like my time there was completely rushed (hence i have no idea how i am suppose to be taking care of my 6 stitch incision) and the lady on the phone was god awful rude.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

After waiting over an hour to see Dr. Messenger, I attempted to discuss the reasons for my referral with him. However, he seemed quite rushed and did not seem interested in examining me or gathering thorough facts. Dr. Messenger looked at one area of skin for about 10 seconds, but he did not examine other skin or hair of concern, did not ask about health changes, medications or family history. He explained the most common type of dermatitis (which I do not have the symptoms of). He asked very few questions to obtain information, and he never diagnosed me with a specific skin or hair issue. He did offer me a sample tube of cream, and he offered to write me a prescription that is "approved for men, not yet for women - but you'll be okay." I declined. As I was attempting to ask him a question toward the end of the appointment, he said, "go ahead, but I have other patients to see so let's be quick." The entire time he was in the room with me was about 5-7 minutes.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

I had a clogged pore on the side of my face and it had turned into a nickel- size, very visible, raised lump. In removing it, Dr. Messenger gave me both inside and outside stitches. The result--less than a month later--is no visible scarring although I had at least five outside stitches. At the time of removal Dr.Messenger first explained how he would remove the lump, during and after the operation he patiently answered in detail all my questions, and described clearly the at-home care I was to do, providing numbers to call should there be any problems then. I could not have been more impressed with every aspect of this visit.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

I have psoriasis and needed a refill on my medications; since I hadn't been there in a while, I had to make an appointment ...a reasonable thing to do. However, when I went in, he didn't check me, he had a "helper" do it; the helper confirmed the lesions, they chatted, wrote out the scripts and I was on my way. It wasn't until I got home that I found that they had diagnosed me as neurotic!..I mean, where did that come from??; the pathology from the biopsies clearly states psoriasis...I didn't make it up. Over the years, I find that he spends less and less time and doesn't follow up when he says he's going to..with this latest antic, I think it's time to find a new dermatologist.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Dr. Messenger is a old grumpy man. He will get mad & lash out at you if you don't agree to his treatments. He recommend medicine to me to that had caused serious liver problems. I would NEVER recommend him to amyone!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I went to have a spot on my nose checked and he did a scrape immediately. When I went back to get the results, everything was set up for surgery. I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to do and he told me "I'm running an hour and a half behind so if you don't want to do it now, you'll make the secretary very happy". I found him rude, arrogant and demeaning.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

I was a patient of Alan Messenger in my early years and like his father, Greg is an outstanding Dr., and actually makes goint to the Dr., for in office surgery an experience not to be feared !

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

Sometimes the wait is long, but it is worth it. He is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2007

Dr. Gregory G. Messenger's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)