Ratings for Dr. Gary X. Heck

It surprises me that since he's a doctor, he has yet to notice that he has two ears, but only one mouth, skip this arrogant, rude know-it-all

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Staff is very rude and Dr. Heck seems to have a personality disorder, impatient and arrogant. I get more attention and better service at WaWa.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I agree with the comments below: Dr. Heck is rude, wants to do all of the speaking, none of the listening. Got the impression that his treatments were about him, not me. Won't be going back to him, I already have enough aggravation in my life!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr heck is extrememly rude. Same reviews as others. Cut me off and didn't listen at all. Felt completely rushed and long wait times. When I told him about my past dad medication he basically called me liar and made me feel like I was some type of criminals. Left in tears twice because of how horrible he mademe feels. Just called my insurance to switch doctors. Do not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Good stuff: the staff/receptionist listened to my symptoms and offered a same day appt. She is personable and responsive. Not so good stuff: Dr. Heck is curt and abrupt. Asked questions and then talked over my answers. Got defensive when I made suggestions about what medicines have worked for me in the past ("is that your name on the wall or mine?") I didn't get a personable feeling from this MD and while that may work for others, I did not connect with him.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

This man is rude abrupt is not interested in the patient just wants to push through and get you out after making you wait for two hours before you're seen. My daughter went in with a list of symptoms and he waved it off as unimportant then continued to cut her off whenever she would try to answer his questions. She was on the verge of tears when she left. Horrific. So now patients are paying to be mistreated instead of treated. He should take down his shingle and go into a field of work that doesn't require good listening and compassion. Certainly nothing to do with humans who are looking to him for help and understanding and answers to thier troubles. Shame on you Dr. Heck.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

Doctor is very quick and abrupt. Knowledgable but arrogant about it. More interested in number of patients than quality and satisfaction of patient care. Hard to get in touch with outside of office appointments. Slow to get patients needed hospital care. Overall there are plenty of better doctors out there, skip this one.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

very helpful and informative, Will take the time to explain the problem when asked. Receptionisr G;oria is wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Gary X. Heck's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1977)