Ratings for Dr. Janet Avery

Dr. Janet Avery has been our family physician for over two decades. She is an absolutely outstanding professional. In all areas she is clearly one of the regions top physicians. I highly recommend Dr. Avery. Sincerely, William B. Brucato

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

I visited Dr. Avery for the first time a few years back. She is a phenomenal physician. She was extremely compassionate and made me feel very comfortable. She took time to address everyone of my concerns. Best of all her diagnosis was right on the money. she is an awesome person and doctor and I will never switch to anyone else!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Avery is a wonderful, educated and very knowledgeable women. I would recommend her very highly to anyone who is searching for a doctor

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Just for everyone to know, when you make a 15 minute appointment, that means that the doctor has 15 minutes to address ONE problem. If you need to discuss more then one issue, please extend your appointment. Dr. Avery is a wonderful doctor. She is extremely helpful and knowledgeable, and really cares about her patients. I would highly recommend her to anyone with no hesitation.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

Recommended by a close personal friend when I relocated to the area; Have visited her 3 times for standard tests and minor ailments; very disappointing; little empathy, more interested in scheduling additional appointment for tests; does not listen (which according to statistics is the key skill of a good diagnostician); have decided to seek a new primary care physician;

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

My husband and I returned from an overseas stay after being gone for three yrs and was looking for Dr Avery's phone no and cam across this very disturbing rating about Dr Avery. She is one of the most informed and courteous doctor we have met and has helped us so much over and beyond. Her diagnossis was alwaays right and I would recomend her without any hesitation.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

I was an office manager for another doctot who worked in the same office as Dr Avery. I have to disagree with what I read here. Dr avery has been in practice for 30yrs now and she has no treatment failures and is an excellent diagnostician and has a tremendous following. She sees about 3000 visits in a yr and if you can see the no of satisfied patients versus the unhappy ones who have written here you will be wise. The greatest no of these reviews come from dis gruntled employees. One women has entered ten complaints against this practice. This practice has an average of fifty new patients a week and hope you will be one of those who can judge for yourself after the visit

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

I thought she was rather rude and insensitive. She also made me pay the $20 co pay just for a prescription refill every time. I left for a better doctor whom is 100 times better.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Worst doctor I have ever seen in my life. She does not listen what you are trying to tell about the issue, come to conclusions very fast and try to suggest medications. Please avoid going to this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

This doctor does not care for her patients. I went in the other day during my lunch break and the doctor was arguing with some girl which i later learned was her daughter. they were yelling at each other and it was very unprofessional. i was able to hear them through their glass window. when it was finally my time to see the doctor this student came in and took my history and spent more time with me then the doctor. when dr avery came in she didnt spend any time with me at all and said she would write a script for me. it was as if she didnt have any interest in trying to help me. im assuming it was because she was having some kind of argument with her daughter. i would not recommend this doctor to anyone. i dont understand how her staff deals with her.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

Dr. Janet Avery's Credentials

• Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1971)

UnitedHealthcare