Ratings for Dr. Stephen J. Driker

I have been with Dr Driker over the past 10 years and he fits the mold for today's doctor (It's kind of sad). Whether you have a cold or a getting a physical he is polite but rarely shows much interest in solving any problem you may have. He always refers you to a specialist unlike the doctors of the past who would try to solve simpler problems. He is very unlike the doctors I saw say 20 years ago who really knew me and had a better handle on my full medical history. He only knows what the computer tells him or so it seems and shows little interest in any past injuries/problems you may have had that may be causing your pain or creating other problems, it is always "see a specialist". I find most visits with him come with one or more referrals to see someone else. Go figure. Dr. Driker is very good at follow up and as said below personally calls a patient with lab results as well as mailing them out in a timely manner, a definite plus. Although he does listen to questions he generally either refers you to a specialist or has an answer you may have already read in a magazine or on the internet, so I don't see that as a plus. Are there better MD's out there, maybe, maybe not this type of MD is probably the future. (again kind of sad). As said below, if you want a doctor whose main function is to refer you to a specialist, Dr. Driker is probably a good fit for you.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Kind, caring, pays attention to you and has an interest in your good health. Top Notch Doctor!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

He was my primary doctor, so after I broke my foot, my husband took me to the office. He refused to take me because I haven’t visited the office for the last 1-2 years. WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR IS THAT???? Well, his problem - he don’t get enough money from me.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

Have several issues with Dr Driker: he did not call on me when I was in the hospital - he used a hospital practice, i feel that he does not like to touch or examine his patients - his nose is always in his computer and if you want a doctor whose main function is to refer you to a specialist, this guy is for you.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Dr. Driker is the best internist, he responds to all patient questions and personally calls a patient with lab results as well as mailing them out in a timely manner. His interest is in the welfare of all of his patients first and foremost. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Stephen Driker is the best doctor you can ask for. He is knowledgeable and professional; and he treats the patient with respect. He listens like you are his only patient. Call with lab and test results, and explain everything in details. I wish I can use him for everything medically related.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Very helpful doctor. Follows up personally with lab work if there is a question. Takes time to speak with you. Office is easy to deal with if you need an appointment or a refill. They use little mini computers so they always have access to your records.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

Dr. Stephen J. Driker's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)