Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Haydel

I gots runded over by a car and went to see Doc Mike. He done a very good job fo me. Doc Mike fixted my back and he offerd to go to cote with my lawya fo my case. Doc Mike gave me some striptions dat made everything go away my pain too. Good job fo Doc Mike. If I get runded over again, I will go see him. All my friends say, go see Doc Mike, he will put yo feet back on da street.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

I went to Dr Haydel seeking relief for pain for a fall in my lower back. After multiple injections and numerous prescriptions for pain pills, I am still in pain. I have flushed the pain pills down the toilet because I do not want to live my life addicted to opiates. I saw Dr Haydel once, on my first visit, was sent for an MRI, and every follow up appointment was with a PA. The PA's were both very nice and compassionate, but I was paying to see a doctor. The only time I actually saw Dr Haydel was when he'd come in to shoot medicine up my spine. They made numerous mistakes calling in my prescriptions, and were sometimes rude to me as though I was only there for drugs. When I asked for a referral to another doctor that was recommended to me, I was told I would have to come in for an appointment in order to get a referral, and there were no appointments available for weeks due to the fact that they only work several days a week. Must be nice. I won't be going back to Dr Haydel. EVER!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr. Haydel is an extremely compassionate doctor who takes great time to listen to his patients. His staff is first-class and very personable. His facilities are first class, very clean, and comfortable. I highly recommend anyone who is in pain and needs help to manage the pain to visit Dr. Mike Haydel.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Dr. Haydel is a very good doctor. He is understanding and helpful for people in need. He is not the type of person to give anything you dont need or shouldnt have. He cares and doesen't want people to become dependent on medication.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Paid to see Dr. Mike but saw a P.A. instead. Not paying to see a P.A. again.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Years ago he spent more time with patients but as his practice grew, so did his ego. His time with patients and well as his patience was cut drastically. Finally "we" came to the conclusion that he could no longer help me and he left me in extreme pain (after being on pain medication for years I was no longer on any!) while I waited to get in with another specialist that I have no idea can do anything for me. I am not just in his office to get drugs, if I wanted that I certainly would have found another doctor. Back pain and injuries are real and they need to be taken seriously and with compassion.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

Finally, some pain relief! I have been going to him for many years and he has helped me with the pain from fibromyalgia and disc replacement in my neck. I let him stick big long epidural needles in my back 6 times a year to get pain relief and when I had a problem with his physicians assistant (I forgot HER name), I made another appointment and saw him and protocal in the office was changed because he saw where she was wrong and we were able to discuss it. I told him that of course I could find another pain management doctor and of course he didn't need me as a patient as he has lot of patients but he listened, he cared and as I said, his office protocol was changed because of this incidence.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

I just love dr. mike's office, he is a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2007

When he knows that he can't help any more, after you do all the tests that he wants done, he says that there is nothing else he can do for you. Just live with it!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2006

Dr. Michael S. Haydel's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Houma, LA