Ratings for Dr. Lisa J. Wasemiller-Smith

She’s an excellent OB-GYN, but know that she’s pretty old-school. One of the labor and delivery nurses described her to me as “the most cautious doctor at this hospital.” That was sometimes a little frustrating, but she saw me through two high-risk pregnancies. I have little doubt that her expertise, cautious nature, and blunt honesty contributed to my healthy pregnancies and the safe arrival of two very healthy babies. One of the highest points of praise I can give her, actually, is that she didn’t even bat an eye when I said I wanted to get my tubes tied. She just educated me on it, made sure I understood that I should only do it if I truly NEVER want to have another baby under ANY circumstances, and then made the arrangements when I said I wanted to do it. I DEFINITELY recommend her as a GYN. With the caveat that her hospital (Lakeside) is NOT one of the more natural-birth-friendly hospitals in the OKC metro, I also recommend her as an OB—particularly if your pregnancy is classified as “high risk.”

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

The worst doctor ever. Ignored everything I told her. Please do not waste your time.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

The only reason my son is her is Dr Lisa!! She was amazing we thank God that we found her. On my first visit she was very blunt which I liked I trusted her on emery decision she made. I was an extremely high risk patient and she made it a point to inform me of all the risks that were associated. If it were not for Dr. Lisa I would not have made it as long in my pregnancy as I did. I recently moved to Houston and became pregnant, I cannot find a Doctor as wonderful as she was. Words cannot describe the appreciation I have for her!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Ijust want to warn viewers that they are removing the negative posts cyclically. Any one of you who might bother to come back and chech, heed my words, if you aren't a praising Dr. Lisa then you will disappear. I know because i've quietly tested and found this to be a sad truth. It is sad when a poor doctor has to keep tabs on her reviews to fake and put a spin on her image... very pathetic and sad... for what it is worth until it gets deleted,but hey, this time she gets five stars from me for being such a great poser.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

My husband and I both feel so comfortable with the care I have received from Dr. Lisa. She has delivered my three children and her expertise and knowledge are comforting and reassuring. She has a wonderful bedside manner: calm, knowledgeable, and nurturing. Her staff greets you by name and I have recommended her to friends.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Dr. Lisa is awesome. She always greets me with a huge hug, sits down and really listens to me. I never get the feeling that she is in a hurry even if she has a patient in labor. She has been my gyn for 25 yrs & I wouldn't change for the world. She has delivered 2 of my grandsons & their mother makes a 2 hr drive to see her. Thanks Lisa!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I would NOT recommend Dr. Lisa to anyone. Her staff is rude and she makes you feel stupid. I had to transfer to a maternal fetal specialist because of my high risk pregnancy and they had the nerve to send me a bill for $100.00 for phone calls I had made while I was a patient there. I actually went to the ER because her staff never called me back. When they finally did they were so rude and brought me to tears. There are much better OB doctors out there with much better staff members. I wouldn't go back to her if she were my only option. Your doctors are only as good as their staff and her and her staff are HORRIBLE!!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Lisa saved me from breast cancer over 10 years ago. I was a patient of hers an Susan for almost 15 years before I moved out of state. I highly recommend her for her knowledge, skills, abilities and professionalism. Thank you Dr. Lisa and Susan. Wish I could be there for you to fix me again right now!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Lisa delivered my son 21 years ago. This was my only pregancy and she made it a horriable experience for me! The other writers are right. She treats her patients like they are idiots! Being a new mother, I came in w/a list of ?'s. She took my list from my hand and threw it away and said this does not matter, what matters is what kind of mother you will be. She let me know not to call her on weekends as that was her time with her family. The day my son was born she laid instruments on my stomach and as I raised up to push I touch the instruments and she throw a huge fit!! After my son was born, I found a new dr, right away!! Here it is 21 years later and I have so much bitterness towards her and how she treated me during my pregancy. It should have been a wonderful time and she made it a horriable time!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

Dr. Lisa J. Wasemiller-Smith's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

UnitedHealthcare