Ratings for Dr. James A. Duerkes

Dr Duerkes is hands down the best doctor I've ever worked with. Being a first time mom, new to Florida, he made me feel at ease throughout the entire pregnancy. He is patient, kind, gentle, and thorough. I'd recommend him over any other!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2016

Dr Duerkes is one of the kindest people I have ever met. He took the time to listen to my questions and concerns throughout my pregnancy he never made me feel rushed. He was such a calming presence during my labor. I am so thankful that he was recommended to me when I moved here. I tell all of my friends to go see him he is a wonderful doctor who genuinely cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I love Dr. Duerkes. He delivered my son via C-section and did a wonderful job! You never have to wonder with him, if you have a 1000 questions ask and he'll answer, that's just how patient he is! Very compassionate. Another thing I love is that he doesn't wait for things to happen before he does something, he's into preventative care. You just can't ask for more in a doctor especially when pregnant! If you want the best out of a doctor give him a try. Such a blessing ;-)

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I have had such a great experience with Dr Duerkes. He really cares about his patients and I don't feel rushed in my appointments. He makes sure to spend enough time to answer all my questions and to make me feel comfortable. I could not have asked for a better OB!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Delivered my 1st being he was the on call dr and is now my current ob.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I could not feel more blessed to have Dr. James Duerkes as my OBGYN. He is so kind, friendly & genuinely cares about your well being. He thoroughly explains everything in a way that you can understand & process. And doesn't hesitate at all in answering any & all questions. I recently had an unexpected ectopic pregnancy & needed immediate surgery. As scary & nervous as I was, I also felt safe & comforted being in his care. He explained everything & let me know all of my options. Surgery went great! I am so thankful for his promptness & intuition regarding my needs. His follow-up care was wonderful as well. I thank my lucky stars to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. James Duerkes is a wonderful OB he is very informative and compassionate. He is always concerned about your well being and how things has changed from your last visit. Being a patient with Diabetes during pregnancy he stayed on me making sure I did everything expected so that I could have a healthy baby. He explains everything in detail and make sure you understand what information he has passed on. Dr. Duerkes never makes you feel that you are being rushed on your visit and will spend as much time as you need. Unfortunately he wasn't able to deliver my baby because I had to deliver early because of the diabetes but the Dr. On call from his office would Dr. Duerkes informed me that I would be ok with him delivering my son so I took his word and I was so pleased also with the delivering Dr. If I consider having another baby he will be my OB once again. If you're looking for someone compassionate, honest, helpful, and a warm hearted individual he is the 1. Thank You Terrance & Teresa

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I had major surgery by Dr Duerkes. Leading up to the procedure he was very thorough and patient while discussing all of my options. He was extremely knowledgeable and took the time to answer my questions. I know he is busy, yet I didn't feel rushed. My friend told me he was an excellent surgeon and I have to agree. I couldn't have expected better follow up care. All things considering, I've only had good experiences with Dr D. I was sure to thank my friend for the referral

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Duerkes was absolutely AMAZING! This was my second pregnancy and what a difference he was compared to my previous doctor. I was considered high risk due to being epileptic, with every visit, he remembered who I was supposed to see next and was concerned on how it went. He was very thorough with everything and very knowledgable. The day of my scheduled C-section, I was a nervous wreck, he walked into the operating room with me and was doing everything the nurses were supposed to be doing. He walked me through the epidural and kept me calm the entire time. He told me step by step what they were about to do. After starting the surgery he kept me updated on what was going on and kept asking how I was doing. This experience was beyond amazing. As I was recovering, he called me personally to check and see how I was. He is truly the best doctor I have ever seen. I would HIGHLY recommend him to everyone. I'm so glad that he is my doctor. He is genuinely a great person all around.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Dr Duerkes saw me throughout my 3rd pregnancy. Our experience was a night/day difference from our first two pregnancies. He is an amazing doctor. I ended up needing a C-section because the heart beat was dropping. My husband and I truly believe he was God-sent to take care of me during this time. I don't think I could have hoped for a better doctor during a moment full of fear and anxiety. I certainly wasn't mentally prepared for a C-section, but he was extremely caring and talked me through everything. He set both my husband and I at ease and we couldn't be grateful enough. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Duerkes!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014