Dr. George C. Angelos

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. George C. Angelos

As a patient in my late 30's with hiddradentitisis suppervita, my once confident personality, had become a shy shell. The disorder had caused enough tracking and tunneling that I was uncomfortable as a man out in public. My condition was of a severity that SHOULD have involved skin grafting and SO much more, but this man actually STUDIED my case for 3 weeks from every angle. and he found the most BRILLIANT, INNOVATIVE, and PROGRESSIVE method of attacking replacing my perineum, while using NO skin grafts and allowing me to retain ALL flexibility in my "undercarriage". He is kind, he is funny, has an unmatched bedside manner. I went back to him this year fro a different type of surgery called Pilondial flap surgery. I can't possibly make you understand in one review that this is THE Colo rectal surgeon in ATLANTA. NO others MATTER, THIS is the ONLY man you need to see. They tell us to advocate for ourselves as patients....so do yourself a favor, should you EVER need a Colo rectal guy and can get to Angelos in ATL DO IT!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I cannot say enough about this man or his brilliance. He is the most innovative surgeon and progressive and forward thinking about Hidradenitis Suppurativa, and we have been to 12 surgeon's. He offers an unparalleled level of care and access to his patients that is unheard of in 2015. Doctors just DON'T care the way Doc Angelos does. He has saved my husband's life with surgeries that didn't' even exist before he thought a way to use new tools and basically give my husband a reboot at age 40. Most Hidradenitis patients are headed for full disability at level 4, but Doctor Angelos has literally saved him YEARS of pain and agony with a surgery no one else would even touch. He literally INVENTED a way for my husband to retain all flexibility while removing ALL active Hidradenitis tissue in the region. When things can't work with in a normal M - F 8 to 5, The Doc goes so far above and beyond that I can't imagine how he does it all. He has even come in off of vacation when my husband had an emergent issue. Don't waste time elsewhere! If you have access to this man PLEASE do yourself a favor and see NO OTHER Colorectal surgeon in the southeast.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I have no idea how the above patient could rate Dr. Angelos so poorly. I have been battling my disease for over 10 years and Dr. Angelos is the only physician who I would ever see. He is beyond thorough, caring, compassionate and a superior surgeon. All my and my families question were addressed and answered. If I needed anything at any time during my recovery , he was always a phone call away. He treated me and my family as if we were his family. Dr. Angelos comes highly recommended and would be the only colon and rectal surgeon I will ever see again. Thank you Dr. Angelos for all your kindness and compassion during this trying time.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Does not listen very well and hastily makes decisions that have done more harm than good.

Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Angelos performed a significant procedure on me involving the removal of my colon. He answers phone calls promptly even on the weekend. He intervenes appropriately and explains his interventions clearly. He has never made me feel alone throughout my recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Angelos. He is a knowledgable, skilled surgeon with excellent bedside manner!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Dr. Angelos operated on me for colon cancer. He is by far the most compassionate and caring doctor I have ever had. He is an amazing surgeon and made himself available to me 24/7 for any questions or concerns I might have. If you are looking for a colorectal surgeon look no further! He also performs surgery using the DaVinci robotics which is what I had and it could not have gone more perfectly. I highly recommend Dr. Angelos, he is truly and angel.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

This doctor is awesome!!! I couldn't have asked for someone better to take care of me during my time of need. He actually listens and answers questions. He cares and it shows in all that he does. Highly recommend !! His staff.: Nurse Rosie is the best! Thanks for all of your kindness during a very painful time.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Awesome doctor! He truly spends time with his patients to understand his/her issues and get to the root cause of the problem. Then, he deals with the secondary issues! I am so blessed that I am no longer taking a prescription and feeling like a new person! I would encourage you to check out this fabulous doctor!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr.Angelos is a wonderful person and an amazing surgeon. He recently performed a colon resection on me due to chronic diverticulitis. My bowel function resumed in 24 hours and I only spent two nights in the hospital. He is compassionate, caring and he listens to his patients! You have found the BEST!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Angelos is an intelligent, attentive, compassionate physician. He offered a comprehensive evaluation of my medical condition ( rectal prolapse, chronic constipation and pelvic floor dysfunction) and catered his plan of care accordingly. He is responsive to urgent phone calls and intervenes in a timely, effective manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Angelos to others.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. George C. Angelos's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A native of the Northeast, Dr. Angelos received his bachelor's degree in philosophy at New York University while working in basic science at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He completed his master's degree in biotechnology at Columbia University, focusing on cancer therapy research. He received his medical degree from the University of Buffalo with induction into the Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society. He completed general surgery training at Stony Brook Medicine, where he was the recipient of multiple awards for clinical excellence and teaching, which he followed with Colon & Rectal Surgery fellowship training at the University of Texas in Houston. After practicing in Georgia, where he rapidly built a Robotic Colon & Rectal Surgical program, he has now returned to New York as an Assistant Professor of Surgery on Long Island, where he is continuing to build upon the excellence that has become his signature in all aspects of clinical care. He is board certified not only in General Surgery but Colon & Rectal Surgery as well. He is focused on minimally invasive surgery of the hind-gut, including advance Robotic colectomy and proctectomy for benign (including IBD, diverticulitis, etc.) and malignant diseases.

• Greek

• State University of New York at Buffalo (Grad. 2007)
  • New York University (Grad. 1994)
  • Columbia University New York (Grad. 2004)

• Colon cancer