Ratings for Dr. Norman Rose

More like an interrogation. This man really knows how to make a person extremely upset and feeling a lot worse than what it's worth. Very disappointed and will never allow another to treat me that way again. No empathy what so ever from this man.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I was referred for workplace assessment. He was late, fixated on my past. Didnt ask anything about current items. Refused copies of hospital documents. Told me he had read the copy of my physical assessment but cant show it to me. I was there no longer than 10 minutes. His report contradicted the other report. He wrote he hadnt seen the physical report. He confirmed my health except he had written the report based on previous reports but with lots of errors including my looks wearing glasses (no) red hair (no brown) 57 years old (no)

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I was recently referred to Dr Rose. Besides being late he made no personal contact with me as I was called by him and asked to follow through a myriad of walkways on the floor where he was utilising an office. AT no time to he greet me in a professional manner and or treat me with any respect. I don't think he appreciates that this is not a comfortable experience for anyone. He spent maybe 17-18 minutes with me and basically had a list of questions he ran through at a very fast pace. At times he cut me short in the answers I wanted to provide and failed to pay me the courtesy to allow explanations to be considered. In the end I just sat there and said very little. His assessment of my condition was inaccurate and failed to take on board the assessment of the GP and psychologist. His final report contained inaccuracies. My view was that he is paid to do a job and has no interest in the person sitting in front of him. I don't recall him making any eye contact with me throughout the process, was cold and uninviting. He may be a qualified psyco but I think has reached his use by date! If you are referred to him I suggest you ask for another or at least seek a second opinion. I did complain to the provider who referred me immediately after the appointment.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I was sent to Doctor Norman Robert Rose on three occasions for reports between 1994 and 2000. He took copious notes of what I told him and little of it made it into the reports. His first two reports accused me of malingering. In Roses final report of 2000 he did a complete backflip and attributed all my problems directly to the incident that I was involved in . My employer settled shortly after. In my opinion it is insulting that Rose has the right to call himself a psychiatrist and I encourage anyone who has had dealings with him to lodge complaints with the HPRA

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

very poor individual, do not think he is an IME as he is a mercenary. Very good at placing keywords for legal cases to destroy your worker's compensation claim.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I went to see Dr Rose for an assessment for my claim. It must be hard sitting in an office listening to people telling him about their incidents all day, you couldn't pay me to do his job. I found him caring, but stuck to the claim and wouldn't let me tell him about my boss. I researched the role of an IME, and this is pretty much their role. Can't blame the Specialists, it's the system thats****.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

This man is something else. Over 20 years ago I hit a crisis. I went to my GP and he asked me to see a psychiatrist. When I arrived, no eye contact just a brisk gesture to a chair. He took my credentials and was interested in my husband's job as a business consultant. He was interested in the share market and very interested that my husband was also keen. I sat there becoming more and more amazed as he peppered my with questions about the market. I left. But I did go back a week later. He was thrilled to see me and started up again about the market. I left again and never returned. And I warned my GP to tell his patients to stay away. I reckon the only work he'll get now is government referred because nobody would go to him by choice.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

Disgrace of an IME, hired gun. The appointment with this doctor felt like an interrogation. Left the appointment to the receptionist laughing at me.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Workcover Appointment, or "IME" (Ha! Independant?) This "Doctor" saw me (A member of a Victorian Emergency service) to establish my entitlement to workcover payments. The Whole time I was in his office (A grand total of twenty minutes!) He failed to make eye contact with me once, tried putting every word he could into my mouth and subsequently decided that my completely work related condition was not related to work, and I had in fact been bi polar since I was a teenager??? Never had a symptom or sign of anything like that prior, as anyone in my life could attest to! So I dont know where he pulled out that Gem. He also stated in his report things that were not even said (Lies). It then took me a lot longer to get over my prior work related illness. He in fact made it worse. I reported him, he lied again, nothing was done. My Treating Psychiatrist even suggested that I report him to the medical board, given my state of mind at that point, I didnt have the ability to do it. I wish I had.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013