Dr. Robert James Hamilton

Ratings for Dr. Robert James Hamilton

This man is godly. He's incredibly smart, sweet, and good with a knife. He did a marathon of a surgery on my brother that was 16.5 hours long. I swear to you I think he was crying afterwards (maybe relief that they both made it through such a crazy surgery - it wasn't supposed to be 16.5 hours). When I had questions about care plans he was always supportive and easy to talk to. He didn't mind me being the overbearing, overprotective, sister with a nursing background and a need to understand/have input. He's amazing. Thank you for everything you did to try and save my brother.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2020

I was referred to Dr. Hamilton for my Kidney. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hamilton and Kerry. Kerry is super patient, extremely helpful and always friendly!! (Such a huge difference from what I'm used to at other medical offices.) We can all learn something from her! Dr. Hamilton is the "total package" as someone wrote below . He speaks to you like you're family. Provides you with and walks you through with all options, so you feel comfortable every step of the way. Exceptional bed side manner (checks in as often as he can and makes sure his team is aware of any/all issues to ensure your comfort). His entire surgical team was fantastic! Never felt like just a number - always made you feel comfortable. I've never had such a positive medical experience in all my life (and this was my 7th surgery - 1st one with Dr. Hamilton)! He is definitely a rare gem! I thank God every day for Dr. Hamilton and his medical team. What a great mentor/coach for future surgeons!! SO BLESSED and THANKFUL to have met Dr. Hamilton and Kerry and to have this medical team on my side!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2019

I'm in agreement with all that has already been said about Dr. Hamilton and his assistant Kerry whom I had the pleasure of finally meeting in person during my last appointment . I would like to add that Dr. Hamilton has a very open and caring mind regarding treatment options. After every appointment with Dr. Hamilton I leave with a positive and hopeful attitude.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

Dr. Hamilton is the complete package. Personable and talented l could not recommend him more. Outstanding experience from the first day I met with him through the first post operative appointment. If he is your Doc you are in very good hands. He should give Kerry a raise!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

It is such great fortune and honor to find Dr. Hamilton and his team. Their professionalism, knowledge, care to patient as well as excellent communication is absolutely world-class level. With the initial diagnosis (ultrasound and blood test), and with my family doctor’s kind referral, my case got prompt attention from Dr. Hamilton. During the consultation, my wife and were convinced that we found the right Doctor. Dr. Hamilton and his team member Dr. Benidir were exceptionally knowledgeable, patient, kind, and gave us the confidence. Before the surgery, Dr. Hamilton and the whole team were extremely professional, compassionate and care to me in communicating and addressing every concern I may have. With no doubts, I felt I was in such great hands. Here, I also want to express my special and sincere appreciation to Ms. Kerry MacTavish, assistant to Dr. Hamilton. She is so kind, highly responsive, efficient and reliable professional. From the initial coordination, all the appointment arrangements, to all the communications to answer my questions, what a critical role she played, and what a super and fantastic job she did! Dr. Hamilton and Ms. Kerry MacTavish, they are absolutely professionals and great assets Princes Margaret is fortunate to have. They are simply the best in Canada and one of the best in the world!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr. Hamilton is an amazing, caring Doctor. My husband was diagnosed with testicular Cancer back in April /2016 and he was referred to Dr. Hamilton by another wonderful physician at Princess Margaret (Dr. Finelli). We are so grateful he did. From the diagnosis to the surgery and everything in-between he was wonderful. His amazing staff particularly Kerry is such a competent woman who takes time to help out all of his patients with anything and everything. I am so thankful for Dr. Hamilton and his staff for helping my husband. Greatly appreciated!!!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I could not agree more with the highly positive reviews below. Dr. Hamilton is a conscientious, caring, and brilliant physician and surgeon. He showed empathy and compassion at every step in my treatment process, from diagnosis to surgery and post-operative care. I am now under surveillance for testicular cancer and I have complete trust in the care offered by Dr. Hamilton and his team.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Hamilton is simply the best. He is kind, caring, and really takes his time to listen to all your concerns. My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer stage 2 non seminoma in July, and that’s when we met Dr. Hamilton. He is dedicated and knowledgeable in his field. Also his secretary Kerry is a pleasure to talk to. She is highly efficient and will help you with any concerns. I don’t know how he has the time to do everything that he does because he seems like a very busy guy. If your one of his patients, rest assured that you are in the best possible hands.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Not only the best, most professional doctor I have ever dealt with but one of the most genuine and caring individuals I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. You can tell that he genuinely wants to help you and his dedication to healthcare is outstanding. He makes you feel relaxed and in safe hands and listens to everything that you say. He has never rushed me and takes his time to explain everything thoroughly. He is also an incredible surgeon. Princess Margaret hospital is extremely fortunate to have such a fantastic doctor and individual working for them.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I cannot say enough positive things about this caring and knowledgeable doctor. His staff (Kerry and Mani in particular) are superlative. Dr. Hamilton is attentive, caring, and patient. He listens and explains things in a clear fashion. His staff is caring and efficient. I've been a cancer patient for almost 10 years at Princess Margaret/Toronto General and have dealt with many other oncologists/surgeons - NONE have come even close to this wonderful doctor. If you get Dr. Hamilton, you are getting the best!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016